stug2013
Forum Replies Created
-
Forum: Themes and Templates
In reply to: [Hueman] seem to have lost related postsyes I am trying myself as well but of course its bollocks. I was messing with changing the position of the widget stuff in the index.php to see if I could make it just show of the first page like the featured posts slider does. Should work again now as I put it back again.
two columns now working well but right column a bit lower, can we line them up?
I have ultimate shortcodes plugin installed that lets me create columns do you think that would be a better way to go. Just have the widget areas under each other and just use columns if I want some widget stuff to be in columns?
When you click on the numbers at the bottom of the home page to see the next page of posts it shows again at the top. Yes not on other pages of the siteForum: Themes and Templates
In reply to: [Hueman] seem to have lost related postsok so if I had half a brain I would go a lot faster. I was clearing the permanent site version of the css file not the staging site. idiot!
So we now have 3 nice blog columns, but the widget area now is in two columns which is great but the widgets themselves are sitting underneath each other. Difficult to see because they are all images but I put half in one widget and half in the other. And yes still show on subsequent blog pages.Forum: Themes and Templates
In reply to: [Hueman] seem to have lost related postsApart from the fact that I can’t seem to get the latest revision of the style.css to show in the browser, I am moving steadily toward the end but one thing is that the widgets are showing on subsequent log pages but I only want them on the first page. I’m can’t remember if that was the case and then I have messed it up or the code needs a jig.
If I was there I would make you a cup of tea 🙂Forum: Themes and Templates
In reply to: [Hueman] seem to have lost related postsyes I see that now, I had accessed the file by selecting tools> page source and then selecting the style.css file.
The reason I keep messing here is because I am having a real trouble getting changes to the style.css file showing in the browser. I have cleared both supercasher and cloudflare cashes and browser cache and it still seems that the original file is being used. Do you have a process that seems to workForum: Themes and Templates
In reply to: [Hueman] seem to have lost related postsworking with the firefox developer edition. When you inspect the source and then select the style.css is it possible to have the file displayed in classic code way? With the way it is displaying for me it is one long line which makes it difficult to read.
Forum: Themes and Templates
In reply to: [Hueman] seem to have lost related postsit was the selector I need to use.
I am working on a staging site
http://staging2.loveyogaanatomy.com/Forum: Themes and Templates
In reply to: [Hueman] seem to have lost related postsIf I wanted to also change the background of that widget area so I could have that strip effect I see on some websites. I imagine that I would do that in the styles.css but how do I identify the area?
Forum: Themes and Templates
In reply to: [Hueman] seem to have lost related postsHi bdbrown. works fantastic. Thank you very much. I just need to add some space between the new widget area and the blog below.
Forum: Themes and Templates
In reply to: [Hueman] seem to have lost related postsHi bdbrown, working through your guidelines. Of course I have the problem that the widget are won’t become active because it is not allowed on the front page apart from sidebar. Does that matter?
Forum: Themes and Templates
In reply to: [Hueman] seem to have lost related postsThank you so much. This is not the first time you have helped me out. I very much appreciate all the time you give to assist people with this theme.
Forum: Themes and Templates
In reply to: [Hueman] seem to have lost related postsOk so we would be going with keeping the front page as a blog and just adding some content as described before.
Forum: Themes and Templates
In reply to: [Hueman] seem to have lost related postsJust another thought. would it be easier to have a static front page and the add a widget area that you can the use to list x number of posts. Although I think I read something before by yourself that said this approach would mess up the way that category and search pages displayed the posts.
Forum: Themes and Templates
In reply to: [Hueman] seem to have lost related postsThat would be fantastic.
Let me just clarify with you what I was thinking so that i don’t waste your time. The home page is set to blog with the content layout at the moment having a featured posts slider and underneath the blog posts, it has a sidebar on the right. http://loveyogaanatomy.com/
What I was thinking was to remove the sidebar on the front page making it full width. Would the columns of posts automatically go to three with the extra space available?
Then I would like to add a content area between the slider and the blog posts that I could add images to as links to other pages. Could be a masonary grid. I was thinking a widget area or two might be the easiest way to go. Would you have any input as to why this might be a bad idea as the combination of blog and normal content doesn’t seem to be done often.Forum: Themes and Templates
In reply to: [Hueman] seem to have lost related poststhanks bdbrown I will take a look.
I was also wondering whether with all the updates to the theme is it possible yet to add content to the front page if it is set to blog. I have tried to add a dynamic widget area but it doesn’t become active so I gather that is not allowed. I would like to put some gridded content between the slider and blog posts.Forum: Themes and Templates
In reply to: [Hueman] seem to have lost related postsHey bdbrown, I have modified single, page and functions php file in the child theme but I haven’t changed anything recently.