docrocks
Forum Replies Created
-
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Member site with private pagesThanks again govpatel. I’ll give this a try.
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Member site with private pagesMany thanks govpatel – appreciate your help. Followed your advice and got most of it working. However, when I assign roles to the user as subscriber or author it logs the user into the dashboard or profile page. How do I force the user login to the page I have created for the user?
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Member site with private pagesOne more – will that page show up as a link on the main WP site?
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Member site with private pagesThanks. Will each comment I put on that page show up as a separate comment?
Forum: Everything else WordPress
In reply to: Integrating WordPress and ecommerceNo replies – am I in the correct forum?
Forum: Everything else WordPress
In reply to: Integrating WordPress and ecommerceI’ve installed WP ecommerce and done some searching on the forums but would appreciate some advice from experienced WP’ers on whether its possible to have the customer dialog that is needed for this business.
Thanks
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: How do I view my site in action before publishingPS – I left out the last step. Once completed you need to move the homepage and supporting image files etc. to the main directory. You may also have to update the link to the blog to point to http://www.yourdomian.com/blog.
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: How do I view my site in action before publishingOne way is to first install WordPress in a subdirectory – name it blog or whatever you wish – http://www.yourdomain.com/blog . Develop your WordPress blog in that directory. Maybe just a semaintics issue, but you don’t download a static front page. Create the homepage in a wysiwig software like Dreamweaver, or use the template website builder furnished by your hosting provider to create one. Create a link in your homepage menu to the blog and away you go. If you don’t know html this may be too confusing and you may need to get some help. Good luck.
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Remove “edit this entry…” and RSS and Comments linksPretty embarrassing that I did not see that as a solution in the first place. Thanks vtxyzzy
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Remove “edit this entry…” and RSS and Comments linksHmm – here is the blog url – http://www.underthewoodsfaeries/faeries.
Firefox css shows the class/id to be #footer but as you can see below that div is commented out in the theme package I’m using.
#footer {
/*background: #e7e7e7 url(‘images/kubrickfooter.jpg’) no-repeat top; */
border: none;
}
Should I create another #footer id with the display:none code to make this work? This blog is now live and I don’t want to mess it up by experiementing.Thanks
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Thumbnail sizeRight Spencer but the product images I upload a fairly large (600x600px). Does WP create a permanent small thumbnail image for display or does it dynamically reduce the size of the uploaded image to fit the specificed thumbnail size? When I increase the thumbnail display size in admin it looses resolution so I’m wondering why this happens.
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Remove “edit this entry…” and RSS and Comments linksthanks vtzyzzy
Forum: Themes and Templates
In reply to: Any good Web Development-CSS forum?I would try http://www.webdeveloper.com. There are multiple sub-forums on css, html, php etc. and all are very active.
Forum: Themes and Templates
In reply to: Home Page LayoutI’m new to WordPress but aren’t there themes or templates that have a grid homepage layout?