Per your first reference, the documentation states that “After a user uploads a file through your contact form, Contact Form 7 checks to see if: 1.) Any PHP errors have occurred; 2.) the file type and file size are valid; and then, if the check turns out okay, Contact Form 7 moves the uploaded file to a temporary folder. At this point, Contact Form 7 attaches the file to the mail and sends it. After these procedures, Contact Form 7 then removes the file from the temporary folder.”
I would like to accomplish the same thing as you are trying to do, only with much smaller audio files. I would have to guess that defining a file ‘storage’ upload path is possible but not quite sure – temp storage file path definition in wp-config is mentioned. One additional aspect that I would like accomplish is scanning the upload for malware/virus, so I would guess that this may be done via a custom function in functions.php? Anyone?