beatty67
Forum Replies Created
-
Forum: Themes and Templates
In reply to: Displays only for blog posts?OK I … would like to say all set. I had never done full site editing – and realized that I deleted the “posts” block, which is why I did not get anything to appear other than the home page, which I edited heavily and had saved as the regular Page template. I’ve since made a home page template and now the rest of the site works just fine. Love this theme. Thanks and sorry for any confusion. The confusion was all mine!
- This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by beatty67. Reason: forgot to mark as resolved
Hi Xue28,
My client reached out to her customer and asked him to try a different browser or device. I’m not sure how adept everyone is at clearing caches. Some people go nuts when I ask them to do that.
We are both now thinking that it was something on the customer’s device. So thank you very much for getting back to me quickly. I’ll consider this to be resolved!
Cheers,
Beatty
Cool! OK I’m going to update it and try it out.
Thanks so much!
BeattyJust FYI – I too have been working on a site using WP Events Manager and also had to downgrade to v 3.1.27. We are using Divi theme. So it’s not just Genesis themes that are being affected.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Broken Link Checker] 403 error seems wrongHi Patrick,
Cool. Thanks much for your help.
Hi Mehdi @muffinpeace – Thanks for your quick reply. I shall indeed endeavor to search elsewhere for the missing media.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [WooCommerce] Problems w Indexes woocommerce_shipping_zone_locationsAwesome. I’ll keep at it, then!
Thanks.
Beatty
Hi – OK done. Should I mark this thread as resolved?
yeah,
I had to disable Jetpack so that I could continue making the updates to the new blocks system and not being able to see images was making it very difficult.
Now with Jetpack disabled, I am able to see all of the images. But when I upload a new image to the library / page, I briefly see the image appear, and then it disappears. If I save the new change, and refresh the page, then the image reappears as if it had not disappeared. So I’m not certain that the problem lies with Jetpack. It seems as if Jetpack is exacerbating a problem that I cannot figure out.
Just for kicks, I enabled Jetpack once again, and tried to connect the site to Jetpack but got this message:
The Jetpack server could not communicate with your site’s XML-RPC URL. If you have the W3 Total Cache plugin installed, deactivate W3 Total Cache, try to Connect to WordPress.com again, reactivate W3 Total Cache, then clear W3 Total Cache’s cache.
I don’t have W3TC plugin. And I have disabled all caching with the server. I ran a check to see if XML-RPC was indeed disabled on this site: https://xmlrpc.eritreo.it/.
The results for running the check showed me this message:
Congratulation! Your site passed the first check.
You can add the blog within the mobile app using the following URL: https://staging2.MY-SITE.org/xmlrpc.php
So now I’m totally at a loss at what next I should do. Any ideas?
Hi,
I think we have the reason for the problem. We duplicated post for all of the new products, and then changed the details while keeping the price and size options the same.
When we created a new product from scratch, we did not have the short-sleeved T pop up as the first image. So we re-created all of the new products without duplicating anything.
So I guess it’s specifically something to do with the Duplicate Page plugin and possibly our caching plugin ?
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I will note that the old links need to have redirections – your response reminded me of this.
Cheers,
BeattyQuick follow-up – how do I add “background color” palette to the editor? I currently only have color.
— never mind. It’s working now. Thank you again.
- This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by beatty67.
Yes – your suggestion works. Thank you so much!
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [WooCommerce Stripe Payment Gateway] Endpoint error that keeps returningAh log debug messages. OK.
I chatted with Stripe way back before coming to the wordpress forums. Their support not nearly as comprehensive and helpful as you!
Thanks again!
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [WooCommerce Stripe Payment Gateway] Endpoint error that keeps returningSo there are no fatal errors in the logs. And there’s no log for anything in December, which is when we started selling in earnest (and collecting money). Does the fact that the latest log being end of November in WooCommerce > Status > Logs mean that it really is needing to ask the web hosting company?
I also was running a debug log while starting the woocommerce part of this site since I’d never worked with Stripe before. And nothing in the debug log other than 2 notices from Yoast SEO. No errors of any kind.
Thanks much for your clear and quick response, btw.
Beatty.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [WooCommerce Stripe Payment Gateway] Endpoint error that keeps returningOK just got a new message. Here it is in all its gory detail:
We’re contacting you because the webhook endpoint associated with your Vscstudio account in live mode has been failing for nine consecutive days. Webhooks are used to notify your server about events that happen in your Stripe account,such as a payout completing or an invoice being created. The failing webhook endpoint is https://vscstudio.com/?wc-api=wc_stripe.
We have disabled your webhook endpoint so it will no longer receive these events from Stripe. If you’d like to re-enable your endpoint once you’ve fixed the problem, you can do so by clicking the ‘Enable’ button for the webhook in your Stripe settings: https://dashboard.stripe.com/account/webhooks.
Here is the summary of errors we have received when sending you webhooks:
* 13 requests had other errors while sending the webhook.You need to return anything between a HTTP 200 to 299 for the webhook to be considered successfully delivered.
For more details on the errors, you can find your events page here: https://dashboard.stripe.com/events.You can also always review the history of webhooks and failed request logs right from your dashboard: https://dashboard.stripe.com/events.
For more in depth information about how to use webhooks, we recommend taking a look at our documentation: https://stripe.com/docs/webhooks.