amory
Forum Replies Created
-
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: Can’t get “Get Custom ” to work for the life of me >:(I spent awhile trying various things to the copy of eventcalendar that I modified for you and not being extremly proficient in PHP, was unable to include custom meta fields yet. Do you really even need them though?
Are you opposed to just entering in each field (time/cost …) on a new line as you been doing? This would be a lot simpler. I’m sure there is a work around to get textile to correctly add
<br />tags. The problem lies in the fact that my eventcalendar function is pulling the info straight from the database, before anything is done to it, thus I believe that textile may not even have any effect on the events_list function.Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Sorting Posts by Date or Timestamp?I don’t think you can email anything other than the title and content. I’m not sure still what textile has to do with anything? Textile is a plugin that I believe translates things like quotes to their html entities. When you access new/news/ – nothing you have done on the new/index.php is relevent. Everything from the /new/news/ directory is taken from your theme. So if you want to have people be able to have links to the categories etc.. then you should make a theme.
Correct me if I’m wrong, but doesn’t the custom fields plugin require you to have the function within the loop? If so, then you will need to have the custom fields be included within the event-calendar function that I modified for you. Seeing that I have no idea how to accomplish this it may take awhile. I will check out C2C’s plugin though and see if anything can be used from that.
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Sorting Posts by Date or Timestamp?I’m not sure how you relate Textile with themes? Is
/new/index.phpapart of WordPress or a file that includes wp-blog-header? At/new/news/the content and style is based off of the default theme. Have you made your main template (new/index.php) into a theme?Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Sorting Posts by Date or Timestamp?Sorry, i forgot to mention that as with the original version, the list function needs a number limit to be defined. I thought I had looked for whitespace too…guess not.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: Destination after User LoginActually it looks like that replaces line 186 in version 1.5 (i was testing my 1.6 installation). You might want to take a look at this hack. I don’t know exactly what you are aiming for, but thought I’d post the link anyway.
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Sorting Posts by Date or Timestamp?Download: Link
Funciton:<?php ec2_get_events_list(); ?>
It currently outputs as an unordered list with classes per each part for you to style.Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: in_category returns errorTry this
<?php if (in_category('11')): { ?>Forum: Plugins
In reply to: Destination after User LoginLine 181:
$redirect_to = get_settings('siteurl') . '/category/' . $user_login;Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Sorting Posts by Date or Timestamp?That will be fairly simple. Why do you want to display both the excerpt and the content?
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: Looking for…oops looks like my link was wrong. New Link. What specifically don’t you get? You need to download the plugin and place it in your /wordpressdirectory/wp-content/plugins/ directory on your webserver. Then activate it via the admin -> plugin screen. From there you go to the admin options -> event calendar screen and select which category you’d like etc..
To include the calendar, place this in the contents of one of your template files:
<?php ec2_get_calendar(); ?>
To include a list of upcoming events, place this in the contents of one of your template files:
<?php ec2_get_events(); ?>Forum: Plugins
In reply to: Destination after User Loginlet me go play with some code
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: Looking for…Yes, check out Event Calendar 2. It has a calendar that can display (x) number of months for the events category, as well as including a function that will display a list of events. The script is very versital and in fact can easily be hacked to display things like a list of events including excerpts etc.. If you need anything other than what it defaults to, let me know and i can see if i can help.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: Destination after User Loginyou would have to create the page manually though for each user. So once they first register and log in they will get a 404 page not found. Let me take a look at it and post some code in about an hour or so when i get back
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: Destination after User LoginWill the category page be dependent at all? or will it be the same regardless of user level? If you open up wp-login.php, around line 165 you will se a redirect_to variable. I believe that sets the global redirect value. If you just want the users who register themselves (likely level 0 unless you promote them to authors) than you could edit line 186 to the category url you want the redirection to point towards.
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Sorting Posts by Date or Timestamp?Check out Event Calendar 2. Under its options in the admin area, select your shows category. From there you can call a list of upcoming shows, as well as having the option to display a calendar. You may need to modify the script depending on what you want to display (excerpts etc…). If you do, I can help you with that, as I just heavily modified my own version of it for a band website.