amory
Forum Replies Created
-
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: Adding Hidden Categoriesa search for “private categories” and “category visibility” found these…
http://willwyatt.com/blog/?page_id=19
http://rummanddan.dk/archives/2005/03/movie-and-category-plugins-updated/
http://www.nmyworld.com/wordpress/2005/04/elegant-category-invisibility-69/Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Call Function placement in post.phpLooking through the authors directions, the function you mentioned displays the tags. So you would put it wherever you want to have your tags displayed (in your theme). To add tags, add a custom field “keywords” to your post followed by a value of your tags, separated by commas.
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Changing the profile page (wp-admin/profile.php)(wp-login.php) Line 165
$redirect_to = 'wp-admin/';Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Placing the page option on the main pageForum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Content gone but still in the databaseI see posts on the homepage, single post, archive and category pages…
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: robust password protection plugin: possible?If you have more than ten clients that however won’t work. What I would suggest then would be to have the index.php template redirect to the login page if the user has not yet logged in. Once logged in it would redirect back to the index page. From there you would query the database for posts in whichever category the group has been assigned. The difficult part is setting up the groups.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: robust password protection plugin: possible?Creating the groups from a plugin would probably be easier than trying to modify the existing user levels. What I was thinking was to create a page that would query the db for only posts from the category the group belonged to. So if the user was a level/group 7, then it would query for only that clients category posts. What is the application you mentioned?
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: robust password protection plugin: possible?To be honest I have no idea how to modify the existing user level system to encompass many groups. Do you have an idea of how many groups you would like? Appending another ID isn’t neccessary. I think it would be easy enough to setup a category for each client.
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Managing Large SitesForum: Plugins
In reply to: robust password protection plugin: possible?I guess it depends on how complex you are looking for. How many groups do you want? It would be easy to use the existing ten author levels as different groups. Then if a level two user, which could be changed to Group Two or New Group … logs in, they are taken to a specific part of the website, index page or part of the admin area. As far as being assigned a certain “folder” of the website, do you mean each group would have a different post category? If not, how specifically would each group be able to modify/add content? I don’t know how easy a plugin would be to create for this, but it could most certainly be incorporated into the core code.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: Best Photo Gallery?mesmes, when it says to put code in between backticks, that is to actually display it. Just link as you normally would if you want to have a link or want to emphasize something π
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: Best Photo Gallery?searching is always fun…
I use photostack and love its simplicity.
If you can wait awhile, I would use ZenPhoto.Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Sorting Posts by Date or Timestamp?Not yet, no reply from the plugin author either.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: Can’t get “Get Custom ” to work for the life of me >:(I forgot to mention that awhile back I hacked up a version of WordPress (1.5.x) to incorporate the use of extra custom inputs, so I wouldn’t have to go through the existing custom_fields interface. How many fields do you want? If you feel comfortable editing things yourself, this post has instructions to do so, or this post has an already customized zip file for download.
I still contend that once you get textile to work, it would be much simpler to just have things on separate lines.
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Sorting Posts by Date or Timestamp?Are you opposed to continue posting each ‘field’ on a new line (date/were/who …)? The reason the
<br />tags are not showing up I believe is because eventcalendar is pulling the information straight from the database. Thus textile has no effect on the events_list function. I will ask the author of the plugin how to incorporate textile…