amory
Forum Replies Created
-
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Sorting by custom field contentFor what it’s worth, Event Calendar 3 can do this easily, without having to set the date by a custom field, but rather simply editing the timestamp.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: Automatically (more or less) Remove Textile FormattingI thought that when you create a post, the information is stored in the database independent of any plugin’s effect on it. If textile is enabled, then it would be added as a filter between the query to the database and actually displaying the content. How specifically was it making your site invalid and why does that matter to you?
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: Event Calendar 2 (modified) showing double listings?Cool…well good luck with the rest of the website. I’m sure the bands will appreciate it when it’s completed. BTW how far is Fox Valley from Hudson (western wi)?
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: Event Calendar 2 (modified) showing double listings?I thought you were using custom fields? Hence the use of C2C’s plugin.. What exactly fixed the duplication problem? The code I posted on the pastebin?
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: listing posts that are only listed in two categoriesI think the first line should be changed to:
<?php $my_posts = $wpdb->get_results("SELECT * FROM $wpdb->posts WHERE post_category=2 AND post_category=3"); ?>Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: listing posts that are only listed in two categoriesTry this:
<?php $my_posts = $wpdb->get_results("SELECT * FROM $wpdb->posts WHERE post_category = '2' AND post_category = '3'"); ?>
<?php if($my_posts) : foreach($my_posts as $post) : setup_postdata($post); ?>
~ post-related template tags, html and other content go here~
<?php endforeach; endif; ?>Forum: Plugins
In reply to: Event Calendar 2 (modified) showing double listings?Also, since the issue of adding in the linebreaks via Textile was solved, remind me again why you don’t want to just use the Content input, rather than custom fields? It would seem much easier to input everything in to me…
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: Event Calendar 2 (modified) showing double listings?Line 72 (sidebar of shows page) does not reflect any progress you made incorporating textile. (it’s the function
<?php ec2_get_events_list(10,'j F'); ?>). Replace line 361(eventcalendar file) withecho apply_filters('the_content', $entry->post_content);As far as the shows page, what happens when you only call the encrypt function once, twice or three times, instead of four?
Also, the code you show to call the function
<?php encrypt_get_events_list(100, 'j F', 'where', 'Where: '); ?>
<?php encrypt_get_events_list(100, 'j F', 'who', 'Who: '); ?>
<?php encrypt_get_events_list(100, 'j F', 'time', 'Time: '); ?>
<?php encrypt_get_events_list(100, 'j F', 'cost', 'Where: '); ?>Â
Would display Where: twice, and on the website it shows Cost: for the cost field. I’m not sure what this discrepancy is caused by.Anyway, I don’t have anyway of testing this right now, but try something to the extent of this, where your custom fields are defined in the function, rather than calling the function separately for each new field.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: Event Calendar 2 (modified) showing double listings?also, it looks like whichever function you are using on the main page to show upcomming shows still does not incorporate textile’s functions (adding the
<br />tags). I thought you had fixed that?Forum: Plugins
In reply to: Event Calendar 2 (modified) showing double listings?I guess I stopped following what you were doing after someone posted how to include the custom fields plugin with the event calendar. I don’t see how you are calling the function four times and getting two separate lists. What I was saying though, is you shouldn’t need to have the “monster portion” of the code within your shows.php page. As long as the plugin is activated, and you are “plugged into WordPress” as you said you are (including wp-blog-header), all you need to do is call the get_events_list function.
Anyway the code at http://paste.uni.cc/7537 is still not your shows.php page, or if it is, it is not the complete file, else you would have the wp-blog-header include as well as
<html>tags etc. Please paste that file in its entirety as well as the event-calendar plugin file. I will take a look at those and see what I can come up with.Forum: Plugins
In reply to: Event Calendar 2 (modified) showing double listings?I guess I am a bit lost. Isn’t the code pertaining to defining the
encrypt_get_events_listfunction within the eventcalendar plugin file? On shows.php you should just have a call like<?php encrypt_get_events_list(x, y, z ...); ?>where “x, y, z …” define the following variables$limit, $date_format=false, $c2c_field='', $c2c_before='', $c2c_after='', $c2c_none='', $c2c_between='', $c2c_before_last=''Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: exclude category from archiveI added
<?php $cat = '-1'; ?>before the doctype to exclude the category with an id of 1.
You can also add this right before the loop:<?php { query_posts("cat=-3"); } ?>where again, the number is the id of your excluded category.Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Changing the profile page (wp-admin/profile.php)Is that part of your theme or is a function (that calls the admin link). Either way you could just copy the source code and change the link to post.php in your sidebar/index … or whichever theme file it’s located in.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: Event Calendar 2 (modified) showing double listings?I don’t know why you are getting double postings. Post your shows.php file to the pastebin as well. It may be as simple as you calling
<?php encrypt_get_events_list(); ?>twice…Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: how to completely disable commentsJust delete
<?php comments_template(); ?>in single.php of your theme, as well as anywhere else you can currently comment on your posts.