amory
Forum Replies Created
-
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Never Ever Ping AnythingWould you be setting it up for them? If so, couldn’t you just delete the ping urls from the update services text box? If you didn’t want the user to be able to see it, you could then simply comment it out, or write an if statement such that if (user_you) then show box else show nothing…
Forum: Requests and Feedback
In reply to: Dashboard Enhancements/AdditionsI doubt the interface will change. If you so desire, then make the changes yourself. Or you could check out WP-Dash, a plugin that allows for wigets such as a notepad/draft list/recent coments as well as others.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: configuring the timestamp within a plugin’s functionSorry – long night last night… I meant that the upcoming posts are already sorted, and just need timestamps per each. With the
date()function, the timestamps for each are 12/31/1969.Code with
the_time()– http://paste.uni.cc/7556
Code withdate()– http://paste.uni.cc/7555Forum: Plugins
In reply to: configuring the timestamp within a plugin’s functionThanks for the replies, I’ll try in the morning. @viper – i’m looking to display the date as well as sort by it so the second part is already taken care of.
Thanks
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Alternative Start PageCheck out this template file. It may be what you are looking for.
yes, it is php code, thus you must play
<?phpbefore his code and?>after it.Forum: Themes and Templates
In reply to: Need some help editing a themeThere are existing custom fields, but I too find them cumbersome if the field will always display. Check out post_keywords written by Ryan Boren, slightly modified by myself. It is a plugin that will add an input. Then to display the information, you could use get_custom_fields plugin.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: robust password protection plugin: possible?It’s beyond my level of ability. Might want to look into Multiply. You would create a new “press” for each client, and assign users to it. Everything is done within the one administrative area I believe as well.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: Extra field in wp-admin for the postshttp://www.bluewebpages.com/downloads/post_keywords.phps
This will add a keywords field, stored in the postmeta row as are the existing custom fields. It’s an older plugin of Ryan Boren’s, modified to work with 1.5.x.Forum: Plugins
In reply to: Extra field in wp-admin for the postsFound this awhile back. It works with the latest version of WP, except for the fact that it shows up on EVERY page, not just the post pages. I’ll let you know if I come across any work arounds.
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: listing posts that are only listed in two categoriesAh…thanks for clearing that up. I must have missed the multiple values for post_id.
Forum: Installing WordPress
In reply to: Just Installed the_excerpt_reloaded & have errorsSearch Results
Most likely you have extra spaces before the opening<?phpor after the closing?>tags…Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: listing posts that are only listed in two categoriesAfter looking in the database, I’m not sure how this works. I have a post under multiple categories and only the last category gets stored under wp_post2cat. Where then do the other category ids that a post is filed under get stored?
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Login BugI was able to login from http://harbly.com just fine. Safari 1.2.4 – OS X 10.3.9.
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: listing posts that are only listed in two categoriesWhat exactly did you do? The code above, in some form or another does work, I just didn’t have time to test it before I posted.