amory
Forum Replies Created
-
Forum: Your WordPress
In reply to: Binary Moon – new blog in townI’m using safari. The jump to nav part doesn’t exist anymore and the linklist at the bottom (class=”list”) has a background-image which repeats, masking all the text. I don’t know why this is, because you have no-repeat set. Anyway it’s fine in Firefox.
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Is it possible to create a fixed custom field?I wrote a tutorial on adding custom inputs, located at http://www.bluewebpages.com/blog/2005/05/customfields, if anyone is interested. It is a bit more in-depth than having the existing custom fields remain fixed, but I was unable to accomplish the later task.
Forum: Everything else WordPress
In reply to: Help me, confused about gallery….I started with gallery and coppermine, and overall both were just too bloated with features for what I wanted. With photostack, you just upload a folder of images and you’re done. The thumbnails are automatically created. It does not use a db though, however in my experience with it so far this has not been a problem. And templating with it is incredibly easy. I didn’t call my WP header and footer directly, rather just copy and pasted the code in, but I’m sure it would not be very difficult to accomplish.
Otherwise if comments are desired, 4Images, of which a demo can be found At digicam.co.za also looks like a good solution.
Forum: Everything else WordPress
In reply to: Help me, confused about gallery….Read up here Joen has done some research into it. I currently use Photostack and love it, although there is no comment system.
There is a list on the wiki with many different solutions.
{http://wordpress.org/support/topic/21546}Forum: Your WordPress
In reply to: Binary Moon – new blog in townLooks great. On the recent posts and link blog at the bottom, the bg image repeats over the links making them unreadable. The “jump to navigation” link is also about 10,000px off, causing the browser to have a lot of tan space to the right. All in all though i like the design.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: Gallery IntegrationWhich version of gallery are you using? Check out what’s been done here, as well as <A href=”http://siriux.net/photos/”>Siriux.net. I believe there is also some new development in regards to wordpress/gallery somewhere on the forum, search around there.
If you don’t want to integrate wordpress and gallery, then you don’t even need a plugin. Simply copy whatever your header and footer are to the template file and you’re good to go.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: Returning mysql table dataThanks!
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Is it possible to create a fixed custom field?With the help of ColdForged, I have successfully added multiple new inputs that act as custom fields. After i work everything out, i will post a tutorial on the modifications needed.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: Adding fixed fieldsEDIT: progress made, with four new inputs posting to database. I just need to figure out how to create new functions for them such as
<?php the_content()?>Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Is it possible to create a fixed custom field?This post has some good info, but being a few months back i dont know whether or not it’s up-to-date for 1.5
If anyone makes any break-throughs, post what you did. I’ve been working with two extra fields and getting the data to post to the mysql database right now. I’ll post info if i succeed at all…
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: Adding fixed fieldsPer this post it appears that custom meta fields can become fixed with some modifications. Does anyone know where in the post.php file (in WP 1.5) modifications need to be made, and if anything should be changed from Serendipity’s post?
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Adding Custom Fieldsserendipity where does the second part go in post.php?
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: Adding field to post.phpany luck with this msky?
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Two Timestamps: PUBLISH date CREATION dateForum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Two Timestamps: PUBLISH date CREATION dateyou could simply add a new custom field to the post entitled creation date with a value of 03/02/04 and then call the custom meta data in your theme.