Forum Replies Created

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Thread Starter adrewWP

    (@adrewwp)

    well me being a newbie thats entirely possible, but I thought this command would have revealed that folder if wp-content is inside:

    find . -name wp-content -type d

    I feel like I’m missing something. Shouldn’t there be a bunch more folders from the wordpress install (wp-includes, wp-admin…)?

    Thread Starter adrewWP

    (@adrewwp)

    I can’t seem to find any wp-content. Shouldn’t it be listed in the list above? Strange because my site does load. So I must be missing something.

    Thread Starter adrewWP

    (@adrewwp)

    I executed the commands below and wrote their respective responses. I installed WP on ubuntu 12.04 with wget http://wordpress.org/latest.tar.gz
    If that is what you mean buy using the “Ubuntu package manager” that is referenced above then stop me here and ill start over as recommended.

    find . -type d
    .
    ./public
    ./public/exampledesign.info
    ./public/exampledesign.info/public
    ./public/exampledesign.info/log
    ./public/exampledesign.info/backup
    ./.cache
    and…

    find . -name wp-content -type d
    (blank…)

    and …
    cd ~
    (blank…)

    and …
    cd ~
    find . -name wp-content -type d
    (blank…)

    Thread Starter adrewWP

    (@adrewwp)

    thanks for quick reply! im using ubuntu 12.04 and getting ‘no such file or directory’ when issuing that command and replacing the path with what i thought was my directory. I think that is part of my problem i have not verified that i have properly created the directory. Is this possible to have improperly or not created/set the directory even though i think WP is up and running?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)