I am currently seeking beta testers for version 2.0 of my Next/Previous Post Link Plus plugin for WordPress. I have made significant changes in this version to add some new features that were requested by users of the plugin. Specifically:
* Sort the next/previous links on custom fields.
* Return multiple next/previous links (e.g. the next N links, in an HTML list).
* Optionally display the category of the next/previous links.
* Full WordPress 3.0 compatibility.
* Rewrote the plugin using wp_parse_args to simplify the function calls.
This is in addition to the options that were included in version 1.1 of the plugin:
* Sort the next/previous post links on columns other than post_date (e.g. ID, post_title, menu_order).
* Loop around to the first post if there is no next post (and vice versa).
* Truncate the link titles to any length, and display the full titles in the tooltip.
* Display post thumbnails alongside the links (WordPress 2.9 or higher).
* Return false if no next/previous post is found, so themes may conditionally display alternate text.
Here is the link to the version 2.0 download and documentation. I would appreciate feedback from all WordPress users, and especially those using custom post types and/or custom taxonomies. Please post bug reports and feature requests in this thread; I’ll be checking in regularly over the next several weeks until the beta period has ended. Thanks!