After upgrade All-in-one-SEO to version 22.214.171.124, I’ve found problem with & character in Home page, here is the reproduce steps:
– set Home title in “all in one seo > general settings > Home Title” I’ve set it to “Computer & IT Support”
– generate a page and set it as Home ( Settings > Reading > Front page display)
– On Home page title, it shows “Computer & IT Support” instead of “Computer & IT Support”
– even I override SEO title on the page and created, it’s still using Home Title in plugin global setting.
– On Home page title, it should show “Computer & IT Support”
I’ve done hot-fix to the line 1715 from
return $this->paged_title( $title );
return $this->html_entity_decode(paged_title( $title ));
So, the code after fixed looks like this
if (empty( $title ) ) $title = $this->internationalize( get_option( 'blogname' ) ) . ' | ' . $this->internationalize( get_bloginfo( 'description' ) ); // $title = $this->internationalize( get_option( 'blogname' ) ); return $this->html_entity_decode(paged_title( $title ));
I’m not sure what is the root cause for this problem because it doesn’t happen with the title setting on other places. If it’s really a bug, please kindly fix it in the next version. Or if anything suggestion, please let me know.
- The topic ‘Header title encoding problem with '&' in Home title setting’ is closed to new replies.