Support » Plugin: GlotPress » Debugging POT Uploads

  • Xedin Unknown

    (@xedinunknown)


    Hi!

    Our company uses an installation of GlotPress to translate our plugins.
    I am having trouble understanding why the POT file I am trying to upload isn’t working. When I upload it manually for the first time, it just says that 0 strings were imported. How can I find what the reason for that is? Has the upload failed? Is the file malformed? Does it simply contain no strings? Was there some sort of other server error?

    Thanks!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Plugin Contributor Pedro Mendonça

    (@pedromendonca)

    Hi,

    Have you checked the .pot file locally with a software as Poedit to see its strings?

    Are you uploading the .pot on Import Originals?

    Thread Starter Xedin Unknown

    (@xedinunknown)

    To upload, I go to the project, then click on a locale, then “Import Translations” at the bottom.

    I did not check the POT file, but it was created by an automated tool. Regardless, one would think that the errors should tell what went wrong. This is the information I’m looking for.

    Plugin Contributor Pedro Mendonça

    (@pedromendonca)

    There two import steps that might be confusing.

    1) Import Originals – Per translation project, using a .pot to get the list of strings to translate.

    2) Import Translations – Per locale, using a .po file with the same strings AND the matching translations to fill the translation table.

    So, I think what you need is to go to your Project Actions > Import Originals to import your .pot and add/update your list of strings to translate.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Debugging POT Uploads’ is closed to new replies.