- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Under Settings > Chartbeat, add your User ID
- You may also add your API key and configure the widget (API key must have “all” permissions).
- Select Chartbeat Publishing if you’re using it
- If you want to use the widget, drag it into your sidebar under Appearance > Widgets
To enable AMP and Facebook Instant Article analytics you just need to install the corresponding plugins. Chartbeat will be included automatically.
*Note that you must have your timezone set correctly for events to work properly in
the historical chart.
- What is Chartbeat?
We’re a real-time data service used by everyone from Foursquare to Financial Times to your mom’s blog (well, someone’s mom’s blog, if not yours.)
Use Chartbeat (and this plugin) to see how many people are on your site and what they’re up to while they’re there, so you can take smarter real-time actions. Check it out for yourself by playing with our demo and sign up for a free trial!
- What does this plugin do?
It’s an easy way for you to install the Chartbeat code you need in order to see what’s happening on your WordPress site in real time. Make sure you sign up for Chartbeat and have an active account first, or this plugin won’t work for your site.
- Will this plugin slow down my site?
Nope. Chartbeat code is completely asynchronous, meaning it doesn’t begin to run until everything else on your page has already loaded.
Contributors & Developers
“Chartbeat” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Add support for engaged headline testing (http://support.chartbeat.com/edu/headlinetesting/index.html)
- Fix widget api links
- Fix AMP uid bug
- Add admin warning
- Add Facebook Instant Article Support
- Add AMP support
- Remove Newsbeat reference, update json encoding
- Fixed issue where the Chartbeat console’s iframe was too short to be usable
- Updated handling of window load event to ensure Chartbeat is always loaded
- Added Dashboard Widget, Active Visits in Post Board and Embedded Console
- Fix widget error in logs *
- Security enhancements from automatic *
- ‘trackadmin’ option added by Jesse S. McDougall, email@example.com
- stable version
- First version. Please provide feedback.