I agree with the people above, this new version is broken. I installed it on quite a few sites and more often than not it fails to recalculate the scoring. I'm also horrified to read above that it seems to be mutating to Spyware. I have deactivated it until these issues are resolved!
I have use the free version and it worked very well. With the new version 3 and the new design, my site were messed up by install. If you take care off your websites, dont install this crap.
I use to be a fan of Yoast but these last updates were horrific. I tested on a staging server of course and it broke everything. I coded my own simple solution and was able to get off Yoast.
The reason I give this plugin a 1 star is because
1. There is so many bugs in new updates its not even possible to have a functional site.
2. Updates bad as this with over 1 million active installs shows a lack of concern for the end user installing the plugin. Seems your "testing" doesn't work that well.
3. Injecting Yoast in the meta markup is not cool and not having an opt out option is ridiculous. I saw someone bring this up and Yoast shot them down immeditaely defending his hidden backlink.
4. Apparently this plugin phones home with 3rd party and doesn't let end user know or have option to opt out. This should be opt in feature.
Half way through setting up my site I installed and activated the plugin. Wiped out half of my images and skewed the layout. Thank God I was only half done with my site.
almost finished building my site over the last few days and used seo and enjoyed it, then this change and bang, my hole site gets messed up. it kept saying to updated and then it disappeared altogether from my site and dashboard, gone
Any one else had this, going to use google xml as it gets good feedback
I used to love this plugin, but the latest updates have really screwed it up. Apart from the third party website you need to now sign up with and to which you have to disclose a whole load of personal details to get some basic funtions, there are two problems:
1. The new update has broken numerous things ... as you will see if you browse the support forums and
2. The support is rubbish. I appreciate that this is a free plugin but when thousands of users have the same problem/s and they are not getting fixed, it's time to find a different SEO plugin... and there are plenty of options.
I suspect it's the greed of further monetising this plugin that prompted the sell out to this third party website, but whatever it is, my advice now is to avoid Yoast. I notice there's recently been a flood of one star reviews - this week alone there have been dozens.
Don't go by the high five stars - go by the more RECENT reviews!
Your new update was nothing less than pure sabotage to my WordPress website! After I did the update all hell broke loose due to the fact you use website owners as the beta testers. What pissed me off more than anything was your tacky and deceptive warning message, "Your homepage can be indexed by search engines". This was a cheap shot I could expect from a SPAMMER or MALWARE DESIGNER. Resorting to misleading scare tactics like this is an insult to anyone's intelligence. The best part about switching to a new SEO plugin is not having to look at your fruity cartoons of you drinking a cup of coffee. Your junk software created headaches for thousands of website owners that trusted you.
The software is buggy. After install, there is a notification across the top of the site in the admin area that never goes away no matter what you try. I have tried: recalculating the SEO scores and have also tried clicking the "x" buttom. The notification just persists.
The notification is: "We've updated our SEO score algorithm. Click here to recalculate the SEO scores for all posts and pages."
I have afraid to update the plugin, so bad is it going?
yoast scrip does crash wordpress update of a stie while editing since last update. How to roll back?
Ein Skript auf dieser Seite ist eventuell beschäftigt oder es antwortet nicht mehr. Sie können das Skript jetzt stoppen, im Debugger öffnen oder weiter ausführen.
You must log in to submit a review. You can also log in or register using the form near the top of this page.