xyz2026
Forum Replies Created
-
I have successfully connected and ran your plugin!
Thanks again for all your help and for sure I will pass on your thanks to Dimitar.
Okay, well, let me now have a play around with the plugin and let’s go from there.
Many thanks,
Christian.
I have just had the following message back from SG’s support:
Hello Christian,
I have fixed the syntax of the file:
.well-known/oauth-authorization-server
and now jq successfully prints output when accessed:
Dimitar-Borukov:~ dimitar.borukov$ curl -s https://cyclinginandalusia.com/.well-known/oauth-authorization-server | jq { “issuer”: “https://cyclinginandalusia.com”, “authorization_endpoint”: “https://cyclinginandalusia.com/?easy_mcp_ai_oauth=authorize”, “token_endpoint”: “https://cyclinginandalusia.com/wp-json/easy-mcp-ai/v1/oauth/token”, “revocation_endpoint”: “https://cyclinginandalusia.com/wp-json/easy-mcp-ai/v1/oauth/revoke”, “response_types_supported”: [ “code” ], “response_modes_supported”: [ “query” ], “grant_types_supported”: [ “authorization_code”, “refresh_token” ], “code_challenge_methods_supported”: [ “S256” ], “token_endpoint_auth_methods_supported”: [ “none” ], “revocation_endpoint_auth_methods_supported”: [ “none” ], “scopes_supported”: [ “mcp”, “mcp:posts:read”, “mcp:posts:write”, “mcp:cpt:read”, “mcp:cpt:write”, “mcp:media:read”, “mcp:media:write”, “mcp:taxonomies:read”, “mcp:taxonomies:write”, “mcp:term_meta:read”, “mcp:term_meta:write”, “mcp:user_meta:read”, “mcp:user_meta:write”, “mcp:comments:read”, “mcp:comments:write”, “mcp:users:read”, “mcp:user_create:write”, “mcp:user_update:write”, “mcp:user_delete:write”, “mcp:menus:read”, “mcp:menus:write”, “mcp:blocks:read”, “mcp:blocks:write”, “mcp:appearance:write”, “mcp:plugins:read”, “mcp:settings:read”, “mcp:settings:write”, “mcp:woocommerce:read”, “mcp:woocommerce:write”, “mcp:wc_webhooks:write”, “mcp:acf:read”, “mcp:acf:write”, “mcp:buddypress:read”, “mcp:buddypress:write”, “mcp:events:read”, “mcp:events:write”, “mcp:yoast:read”, “mcp:yoast:write”, “mcp:aioseo:read”, “mcp:aioseo:write”, “mcp:rankmath:read”, “mcp:rankmath:write”, “mcp:seopress:read”, “mcp:seopress:write”, “mcp:slimseo:read”, “mcp:slimseo:write”, “mcp:tsf:read”, “mcp:tsf:write”, “mcp:gsc:read”, “mcp:ga:read”, “mcp:dfs:read”, “mcp:history:read”, “mcp:semrush:read”, “mcp:ahrefs:read”, “mcp:seranking:read”, “mcp:posts”, “mcp:cpt”, “mcp:media”, “mcp:taxonomies”, “mcp:term_meta”, “mcp:user_meta”, “mcp:comments”, “mcp:users”, “mcp:user_create”, “mcp:user_update”, “mcp:user_delete”, “mcp:menus”, “mcp:blocks”, “mcp:appearance”, “mcp:plugins”, “mcp:settings”, “mcp:woocommerce”, “mcp:wc_webhooks”, “mcp:acf”, “mcp:buddypress”, “mcp:events”, “mcp:yoast”, “mcp:aioseo”, “mcp:rankmath”, “mcp:seopress”, “mcp:slimseo”, “mcp:tsf”, “mcp:gsc”, “mcp:ga”, “mcp:dfs”, “mcp:history”, “mcp:semrush”, “mcp:ahrefs”, “mcp:seranking”, “mcp:abilities” ], “authorization_response_iss_parameter_supported”: true, “registration_endpoint”: “https://cyclinginandalusia.com/wp-json/easy-mcp-ai/v1/oauth/register”, “registration_endpoint_auth_methods_supported”: [ “none” ] }
Please check again with your developers if everything is working as expected.
If we could assist you with anything else, please do not hesitate to open a new request to our team and contact us again.
Best Regards,
Dimitar Borukov
Senior Technical Support TeamSo please can you check again once more, with any luck it should now be ready, I think. If so, I’ll try connecting Claude.
Thanks,
Christian.
It appears to be working!
No more error messages! Just green lights and OK!
Please can you check your end and let me know if all is now working as intended.
Thanks,
Christian.
Thanks again for coming back to me with more info.
I have just passed on this message to SG.
As soon as I have a reply and know more i’ll update you.
Thanks again for all your help.
I’m looking forward to finally getting this plugin to work!
Fingers crossed it will be possible!
Regards,
Christian.
I’ve just had the following reply back from SG.
Hello Christian,
To clarify:
-> The IP address 104.28.245.128 is blocked on our servers and will be challenged upon requests. This is because it has been used to generate various types of malicious traffic toward our servers in the past.
If you confirm, we can whitelist it on your site or the "/24" network mentioned above:
104.28.245.0/24
-> The RFC standards do not actually say that requests for "/.well-known" should be routed through WordPress and its index.php file. Just that the content returned should be JSON/application-json which is already true on our servers. We have already discussed the situation with our experts and I'm afraid we will not be altering the setup in regard to the "/.well-known" directory on our managed hosting service.
Here are the links for the RFC standards as well for your convenience:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc8414
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc9728
To work around this, you may want to ask the plugin author if you can simply create the necessary files manually in "~/www/cyclinginandalusia.com/public_html/.well-known/". Perhaps they can implement alternative verification methods like using application passwords as well.
-> The "500" error is not actually a regular PHP error. Nothing is logged as an error when the page is visited. It seems to be the result of the theme having enabled "Coming Soon" mode. Feel free to disable that setting and verify that the site is working properly after that.
Best Regards,
Vladislav Yastreba
Technical Support TeamDoes this help?
Regards,
Christian
Thanks for getting back to me, much appreciated.
Okay, i’ve just sent a copy of this message to SiteGround’s support, it’s on the same thread that has stayed open since the start, so hopefully, they’ll come back with a solution.
Thanks again for your help too.
Let’s see what happens.
Regards,
Christian.
Hi @easymcpaisupport1 I forgot to @ mention in the above messages, so maybe you have seen them?
Regards,
Christian.
Hi guys,
I spoke with SiteGround’s support, for them to check this in more detail, they are asking for:
– the exact URL that was called and responded with a 202
– the exact date, time, and timezone of the call that received a 202 response
– the IP address of the client that received the 202 responsePlease can you provide these details so I can pass them on.
Furthermore, SiteGround have now said:
Based on the information provided, it seems that the issue is centered around the OAuth discovery, as the plugin is attempting to locate the file in the .well-known folder, which is governed by specific settings in the main Nginx configuration that cannot be altered. To address this, it may be beneficial to consult with the plugin provider to see if they can offer an alternative location for the OAuth file.
Does this make sense to you?
Many thanks,
Christian.
- This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by xyz2026.
Thanks for getting back to me and for such a detailed reply. I’ve just opened a support ticket with SiteGround so let’s see what happens, hopefully, your detailed info will give there enough information to work with.
Thanks,
Christian