wpallthetime
Forum Replies Created
-
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [WooCommerce] Shorten phone field in checkout?I got back to this today. Thanks lorro for the offer and also noting you’d review with markup, etc. I wanted to spend some time learning first, and was able to come up with a solution. Sharing here in case it helps others.
I added this to WP additional CSS and it removed bullets and aligned left:
.checkout .col-1
ul {
text-align:left;
padding: 0;
margin: 0;
list-style-type: none ;
}.checkout .col-1
li {
text-align:left;
padding: 0;
margin: 0;
list-style-type: none ;
}Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [WooCommerce] Shorten phone field in checkout?Here’s a screenshot… https://snipboard.io/LNz9gS.jpg
This also happens with the Storefront theme.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [WooCommerce] Change Billing to Shipping Address in Processing Order e-mail?I decided to remove Checkout option so this is no longer an issue.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [WooCommerce] Billing vs. Shipping in PayPal GatewayThanks for that tip that is a fantastic web app!
Here is the screenshot… https://snipboard.io/j0LJbz.jpg
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [WooCommerce] Show privacy text based on conditionAdding this line:
$taxes = $cart->get_taxes();
Gives me a there has been a critical error on your web site error. I remove it, it goes away, I add it, the error is back. Is there some additional line I need to preface this one?
This is really frustrating, I’ve been at this for hours trying all kinds of variations but every time I try to read tax variable it gives me the error.
Is there something wrong with this:
add_action(‘woocommerce_checkout_after_terms_and_conditions’, ‘add_terms_and_policy’, 20);
function add_terms_and_policy( $cart ) {
$taxes = $cart->get_taxes();
}- This reply was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by wpallthetime.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [WooCommerce] Need Simple Explanation of Paypal Gateway itemsI found #6 answer it that you can go to Settings and actually customize the e-mails (or further customize the php templates).
I expect #7 has no answer and it’s just due to cookies.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [WooCommerce] Custom Message on Checkout?I didn’t explain that very well. Agree I can change the text with content attribute, but I don’t want to change it in the shipping box.
I want it to show up in the Tax box if it shows up. So if someone would pay tax, I want to show the message. If not tax is owed then it wouldn’t show up.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [WooCommerce] Change Billing to Shipping Address in Processing Order e-mail?Hi Shaun, so I’ve tried to set Force shipping… option but that doesn’t seem to make a difference.
Workflow is:
Click Paypal Smart payment button
Enter sandbox user info
At Checkout I see Billing Details and Shipping Details – though billing details only shows name, e-mail and phone.
I click place order.
The e-mail still shows Billing AddressSeparately, if I clicked Checkout I also don’t don’t see Billing and Shipping (I’ve seen screenshots of this being what’s supposed to show). So something must be mixed up somewhere. This is also using the Storefront theme so I don’t think that’s the source. I don’t have anything customized.
If I can’t find a solution I am willing to customize the actual e-mail template but I don’t know what setting I’d change. Even if I can just change the word Billing to Shipping that would be fine.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [WooCommerce] Billing vs. Shipping in PayPal GatewayThanks Amanda. I made that change but it doesn’t seem to be working. It still shows billing – is there a suggested step to troubleshoot why?
I was going to share a screenshot but don’t have droplr so it’s not so easy.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [WooCommerce Stripe Payment Gateway] Stripe Billing and ShippingThanks Joey, really appreciate your thorough responses.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [WooCommerce Stripe Payment Gateway] Stripe Billing and ShippingHi Joey, here’s one example: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/how-do-i-send-billing-and-shipping-address-to-stripe/ where royho says it’s possible. But that may be just one piece (the entry).
The gift question is related – how can someone purchase a gift on my website if billing and shipping are the same? Is this not a scenario WooCommerce supports – even using different payment gateway (e.g. PayPal)?
And finally thanks for the link to Stripe. I’m just learning about it so didn’t know about that, and it sounds like a great solution/insurance.
- This reply was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by wpallthetime.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [WooCommerce] Billing vs. Shipping in PayPal GatewayHi Amanda, I had tried to use PayPal standard and had that box checked – it didn’t send the shipping details to Paypal (I posted about it elsewhere and never got a response). It was very frustrating as everything was setup correctly.
I then moved to Paypal Checkout (the Gateway). That’s what this question is about. Not Standard which is the screenshot you shared.
To summarize it better, I want to be able to edit the Checkout page. When I go that page it states: [woocommerce_checkout]
Is there no way to easily edit that page somehow? I could then change Billing Details to Shipping Details so the customer isn’t confused. If I saw it today, I’d think, that’s great, that’s where I’m billed and where do I enter shipping info?
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [WooCommerce] Need Simple Explanation of Paypal Gateway itemsI figured out #4 (see here: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/removing-proceed-to-checkout/)
For #5 I also found the logs are stored in status\Logs.
But I still need help with the other items.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [WooCommerce PayPal Checkout Payment Gateway] Removing proceed to checkoutThat page didn’t really help me, but found another page that pointed to the docs here: https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/paypal-express-checkout/#section-10
And it’s in the customization section. Super helpful!
The only problem is that the mini-cart still shows a checkout button. So I also found this solution:
remove_action( ‘woocommerce_widget_shopping_cart_buttons’, ‘woocommerce_widget_shopping_cart_proceed_to_checkout’, 20 );
- This reply was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by wpallthetime.
- This reply was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by wpallthetime.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [WooCommerce] Paypal shows We have no postal address on fileI have no idea what that reply means.
Does anyone have any suggestions? I’m desperate. I already have one and it says not eligible for protection when he customer HAS provided me with an address.
Do I need to turn on SoapClient?
During checkout my site asks for billing address and not shipping address – I don’t know if that’s normal. I’ve tried to force WooCommerce using the billing address and that doesn’t help.
Is it possible Paypal is getting a shipping address? I’m using sandbox and the address is fake, but I think it would at least show what I entered in the order and Paypal would state it’s unverified.
Finally, I have not added this: WooCommerce PayPal Checkout Payment Gateway. I’m using using WooCommerce paypal (with API keys). Is there an advantage other than the user interface?