Jordan
Forum Replies Created
-
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: TinyMCE Editor adding line breaks to Textarea content – WHY?!Ditto here – having the exact same problem. It occurs for even without the visual editor. WP still adds the linebreaks on every save.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Plugin: Advanced Category Excluder] ACE excluding sub-categoriesYes, we can just check the sub-cats as well, but I’d like the option of having it automatically include the sub-cats if I want.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: WP-OpenID problems with WP 2.3.1Same issue when trying to use a Yahoo! login that has been activated with OpenID support.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: How to Auto-Post WordPress Posts (and *Digest* Posts) from RSS Feeds?*bump* Anyone? :-\
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: How to Auto-Post WordPress Posts (and *Digest* Posts) from RSS Feeds?Yeah, I can’t seem to find any on that page that work for me, either. I just want a plugin that will take RSS feeds and create a new item on MY blog for new items from those feeds. Mainly, I just want to aggregate all of my blogs (tumblr, MySpace, Last.Fm, etc.) onto my main, personal blog.
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: An appropriate representation of the requested (etc)There’s an easy work-around. The problem is that if you fix it in the way I’m about to detail, then the blog will not redirect back to the page that the user was on after they’ve registered. It’ll just redirect them to the main page of the site, and they’ll have to find the post again to comment on it.
So, to do this, go into your admin panel and click on “Presentation”. Then click on the “Theme Editor” tab. On the right-hand side, where the list of your files is, look for the Comments template and click on it. Then look for this text:
<p>You must be <a href="<?php echo get_option('siteurl'); ?>/wp-login.php?redirect_to=<?php the_permalink(); ?>">logged in</a> to post a comment.</p>Now, delete this text:
?redirect_to=<?php the_permalink(); ?>It’ll take the person to the login page, and then they can register from there.
See this thread.
Forum: Everything else WordPress
In reply to: Codex hard to readFirefox 2.0.0.1 here. That’s the version I’ve got the mis-aligned pages on. No discussion tab on the Codex theme for me, either.
Forum: Everything else WordPress
In reply to: Codex hard to readIn monobook, it just looks like the normal MediaWiki theme.
Forum: Everything else WordPress
In reply to: Codex hard to readIs this a fixable problem? π
Forum: Requests and Feedback
In reply to: Managing Blogroll and Links in Latest Update – What happened?Seems to me like now we’re just screwing with stuff so that we can say that the next version “Has something new!”
I’m with Kopper. I was using the links panel to manage a set of links, and it was easy and well designed. Now I’ve just updated to 2.1.2, and this entire part of the template is FUBAR. Now I have to go into the theme coding to set EACH CATEGORY for how many / what type of listing (random, seq no, etc.)?!
You can say what you want “content vs. presentation methodology,” but that means nothing to anyone except coding philosophers. What I care about is making it easy for me, and my clients, to work with WordPress. How does it make any sense to remove functionality that was working just fine?
Forum: Installing WordPress
In reply to: Upgrade an offline version of 1.2The only problem is, I don’t have a version of 1.2 that I can upload to begin the setup. Where can I get it?
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: Calendar for posting to the future*bump*
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Permalinks cause “Page not Found”Well, I’m on a Linux server :-\
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Permalinks cause “Page not Found”Tried it with the closing slash, and I still get the same problem.
Also checked to make sure that AllowOverride is enabled (it is).
The .htaccess file seems fully propogated with rules.
Any other ideas? :-\