Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • Plugin Author weiluri

    (@weiluri)

    Hi,

    I uploaded the feature you requested. you are welcome to download version 1.4 and check it out..

    Regards,
    Uri

    Plugin Author weiluri

    (@weiluri)

    Hi,

    Thanks, I’m glad you find it helpful.
    As to your request, it is definitely a basic feature. I’ll try to add it soon, possibly this weekend. please visit the plugin again soon and check if I’ve uploaded a new version.

    Uri

    Plugin Author weiluri

    (@weiluri)

    Thank you for the compliment! It’s nice to see. I’ll appreciate it if you rate me or write a review if you like ☺
    Thanks,
    Uri

    Plugin Author weiluri

    (@weiluri)

    Hi,

    Sorry, it is a good feature and I will add it soon in the next versions, but Unfortunately it is not possible for now.

    Regards,
    Uri

    Plugin Author weiluri

    (@weiluri)

    Hi Will,
    I see you didn’t respond for a while so I guess the topic is closed for you. I’m marking as resolved, You’re welcome to reopen the issue if you like.
    Regards,
    Uri

    Plugin Author weiluri

    (@weiluri)

    I see. did you give it a try? it might work anyway if your 24 newest posts query is running before my plugin query. (should be 9 and below, in the hook call, because mine is running as the default – 10. If you know more or less what I’m talking about, maybe you can try to play with this param to change the calling time in my plugin hook or in yours.
    can’t think of something else to solve it but this for now.
    Hope you’ll succeed.

    Regards,
    Uri

    Plugin Author weiluri

    (@weiluri)

    I see. did you give it a try? it might work anyway if your 24 newest posts query is running before my plugin query. (should be 9 and below, in the hook call, because mine is running as the default – 10. If you know more or less what I’m talking about, maybe you can try to play with this param to change the calling time in my plugin hook or in yours.
    can’t think of something else to solve it but this for now.
    Hope you’ll succeed.

    Regards,
    Uri

    Plugin Author weiluri

    (@weiluri)

    Hi Will,

    Unfortunately The plugin doesn’t have the two order setting option for now. I’m planning to support that feature in the next version.
    For now maybe you can still use the plugin for your purpose if you put a small php code just before the loop in the template page that displays your page.
    It should look like this:

    query_posts( 'posts_per_page=24' );
    if ( have_posts() ) while ( have_posts() ) : the_post();
    .....
    ....
    .....

    You just have to put the line: query_posts( 'posts_per_page=24' );
    before the line: if ( have_posts() ) while ( have_posts() ) : the_post();
    and it should work for you.

    Regards,
    Uri

    Plugin Author weiluri

    (@weiluri)

    Hi Nick,

    Ok, I understand your issue. If it is for a custom theme element so the plugin can’t be helpful.
    b.t.w. you probably know you can change the date on the post itself write? but, then again, it is manual action and over 100 posts to do it for is not fun πŸ™‚

    Regards,
    Uri

    Plugin Author weiluri

    (@weiluri)

    Hi,

    What the plugin suppose to do is to order your posts\custom post type\pages on the front end.
    It doesn’t change the date of the posts, instead it (in your case), randomize them before retrieving the list of posts from the database. by default they will return from the database ordered by date as you said, with the plugin you can choose different order to retrieve.
    If you mark the random option on the setting page, then you suppose to see your posts (or any other type), on a page that display them, i.e. category page, listed on a different order on every visit (or refresh) to the page.
    I hope I understood your question correctly and helped with my answer.
    If you still have an issue with the plugin you are welcome to send me a link or user and password for your admin, to my mail – weiluri@gmail.com, and i’ll take a closer look.

    Regards,
    Uri

    Thread Starter weiluri

    (@weiluri)

    I installed Version 2.0-beta9 and i have wordpress 4.4.
    I don’t have another version of ret api active

    Plugin Author weiluri

    (@weiluri)

    Hi Chris,

    I’ve added a new feature that you suggested. Excluding specific pages from the plugin ordering.
    You’re welcome to update to the new version – 1.3.

    Uri

    Plugin Author weiluri

    (@weiluri)

    You’re welcome. Thanks for the warm review and rating!

    Uri

    Plugin Author weiluri

    (@weiluri)

    Also…I’ll be glad if you give a good rating on the plugin page and mark it “solved” (if you see the issue as solved) πŸ™‚
    Thanks,
    Uri

    Plugin Author weiluri

    (@weiluri)

    Hi Chris,

    My logic in that matter was that if you want to cancel your ordering logic for all post types and make some other logic, you’ll be able to do it this way.
    If you want to change logic just for a specific post type you can always go to it’s order by page and change it.
    The global settings page nullifying to the order by date descending option which is the WordPress default. If you go after that to order by screen of specific post type and mark another order option for that specific post type it will override the global settings for this post type only.
    Hope it helped.
    btw: I found a bug in the order by date option and uploaded another minor version, so you can update to the latest..

    Uri

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)