waynemerricks
Forum Replies Created
-
Forum: Themes and Templates
In reply to: [Theme TwentyFourteen] Ephemera Widget problems/bug?OK found a quick solution, in inc/widgets.php you need to over ride the value of the more global inside the entry div (and to be safe you could change it back afterwards but it doesn’t seem to cause any issues).
On line 109 just after
<div class="entry-content">you need to add the following:<?php global $more; $more = 0; ?>Personally I consider this a bug in the theme and that confuses me even more why you don’t get the same result.
Forum: Themes and Templates
In reply to: [Theme TwentyFourteen] Ephemera Widget problems/bug?Tried without any plugins, same result.
The only ones I were using:
Formidable (Form builder)
WP Most Popular
YARPPLooking at widgets.php more closely. The problem is within the call to:
the_content( __( 'Continue reading <span class="meta-nav">→</span>', 'twentyfourteen' ) );Reading from the codex:
Displays the contents of the current post. This template tag must be within The_Loop.
The <!–more–> quicktag will not operate and is ignored in Templates where just one post is displayed, such as single.php
This makes sense as a single post would display in single.php so now I’m even more confused why you get correct cut off at more and I don’t.
Forum: Themes and Templates
In reply to: [Theme TwentyFourteen] Ephemera Widget problems/bug?Sidebar Video Ephemera works fine:
http://thevoiceasia.com/video/
Sidebar Video Ephemera shows all the post content:
http://thevoiceasia.com/video/2014/01/breakthrough-short-film/
I was using a 2014 child theme, I’ve changed it back to pure 2014 for the purposes of this example (I may be reactivating the child theme later so if it doesn’t look vanilla be aware that nothing screwy is going on with the css except for changing a few colours and what not).