Forum Replies Created

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Thread Starter travellersinkblog

    (@travellersinkblog)

    Oh just re-read the OP – you are on the wrong forums entirely – you need to be here:

    http://en.forums.wordpress.com/

    wordpress.com Forum: http://en.forums.wordpress.com/

    Ah ha! That’ll be why none of this works for me then… Thanks!

    Thread Starter travellersinkblog

    (@travellersinkblog)

    Hi Krishna,

    Yes, I did have a look at the site Tara cited, but as I have no idea about WordPress lingo; I’m afraid I don’t know where my site’s root folder is; I can’t find the .htaccess file; I don’t know what software I’m using (FTP Client or otherwise), all I know is that I’m using wordpress.com; it doesn’t say how or why I need to edit the .htaccess file once I do find it, or what I’m supposed to do with it afterwards.

    As I said, I’m a complete beginner and, forgive me, but because I am trying to learn step by step, and because I don’t know any better, the post appears to be the start of a ‘how-to’ guide but never actually gets to the ‘how-to’ bit.

    Thread Starter travellersinkblog

    (@travellersinkblog)

    Hey guys, thanks for your replies.

    I’ve verified my site with Google, but I’d like to set up a 301 redirect.

    However, I am unsure of how to do this. Is there a simple guide? All I can find are pages explaining what a 301 redirect is, but not how to implement one.

    Also, can I do it from my new site, as I can’t get into my old one now that it’s been closed?

    Sorry – I need 301 for dummies!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)