thepurpleblob
Forum Replies Created
-
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Settings API – confused about validationThanks guys… I missed that completely and it doesn’t seem especially well documented 🙁
It’ll probably only ever be used internally so doesn’t need to be a really polished solution. It’s more for when I forgeth what I did in 6 months time. Typing it twice won’t kill me. As a bit of an outsider it does seem a bit agricultural though…
Forum: Hacks
In reply to: What's the best way to link to a plugin function/actionYep – perfect. It was the wp-load.php bit that evaded me for a while. Have hacked something together and it seems to be working fine 🙂
Thanks.
Forum: Hacks
In reply to: What's the best way to link to a plugin function/actionYeh PHP is my day job but WordPress isn’t 🙂
However, yes, you understand me correctly. Having done some more looking at existing code I *think* the answer might be to require ‘wp-load.php’. I do need access to the API for (if nothing else) using the options api to get at my settings (I got that much working!).
It’s really only the link thats troubling me. I suppose the question is “what is the easy way to execute some arbitrary function in a plugin?”. Most examples take the (unsuitable) angle of a function that generates output when the page is displayed but this isn’t what I need – it’s a simple “press this button” link.
Anyway, I’d appreciate any comment if that is a sensible way to do it.