the_lar
Forum Replies Created
-
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Customising permalink handlingAh, I see – I thought it flushed on every page refresh. Thanks again for your help – really appreciate it.
Kevin
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Customising permalink handlingJust as an update on this, I have set up a single ‘dummy’ post in Properties and I am rewriting all queries to /property/somepropid/ to ‘index.php?property=dummy’ and reading the actual id into a variable – here’s my addition to keesiemejers code:
$options = array( 'rules'=>array( ..., 'property/(.+?)/?$' => 'index.php?property=dummy&propid=$matches[1]' ), ... );This seems to do the trick and means that I can handle all /property/ requests without there needing to be an actual post for it.
I do have one question – I have put keesiemeijer’s class into my functions.php file, but I’ve read that it’s not particularly efficient to keep flushing_rules – would I be better writing this class into a plugin?
Thanks
KevinForum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Customising permalink handlingHi keesiemeijer,
Really appreciate you taking the time to help me out!
It’s a really great starting point, the main issue I have though is that I didn’t intend having a separate post in wordpress for each property. Individual agents will be uploading data and I have a complicated script which parses this into separate tables. I suppose it would be possible as part of this script to create a post for each property (there will be thousands) but I’m not too sure how to go about doing that???
As I say, thanks for your help again
Kevin
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Dynamically generated taxonomy of site pagesAnybody got any thoughts on the above?
Hi,
I also have the option to ‘Host minified CSS and JS files’ disabled on my installation of W3 Total Cache. I’m using Amazon S3 as my CDN. The issue I’m having is that the load time of the site has gone up massively when I first visit a particular page – it takes 11 seconds to load the minified js which is around 46K, this can’t be right can it? It’s OK when I come back to the same page on the same browser but if I hit it with a different browser, it generates a new minified js file and takes ages again.
Cheers for any assistance!
KevForum: Plugins
In reply to: [Custom Field Template] [Plugin: Custom Field Template] Deleting an imageThat sounds good – I’ll upgrade and see if that works out for me.
Many thanks for the response!
Regards
KevinForum: Plugins
In reply to: [Custom Field Template] [Plugin: Custom Field Template] Deleting an imageDoes anyone know about this one?