seb94100
Forum Replies Created
-
Hi Mark,
Thanks again for investigating this and for creating the 1.4.3 beta.
Here is the complete status after testing it.
Environment
- WordPress hosted on OVH Managed WordPress
- Albert 1.4.3-beta1
- Permalink structure includes
/index.php/ - MCP endpoint:
https://stelora.fr/index.php/wp-json/albert/v1/mcp
With Albert 1.4.2
OAuth authorization worked successfully with both Claude and ChatGPT.
The OAuth discovery endpoints also worked correctly using the
/index.php/path:/index.php/.well-known/oauth-authorization-server/wp-json/albert/v1/mcpreturned valid OAuth server metadata.
/index.php/.well-known/oauth-protected-resource/wp-json/albert/v1/mcpalso returned valid resource metadata.
However, neither Claude nor ChatGPT received any MCP tools.
Claude reported that the connector had no available tools.
The OVH HTTP error log showed the following repeatedly when Claude connected:
Permission callback returned WP_Error: OAuth Bearer token required. Include an Authorization header with a valid Bearer token.Context:
HttpTransport::check_permissionWordPress Site Health also reported that the Authorization header was missing. Your diagnosis
You identified that the WordPress MCP Adapter default server was not registering the three base tools when
index.phpwas used:discover-abilitiesget-ability-infoexecute-ability
You therefore created Albert 1.4.3-beta1 to work around this. Test with Albert 1.4.3-beta1
I installed the beta ZIP successfully through WordPress:
albert-ai-butler-1.4.3-beta1.zipHowever, after installing it, two things happened:
- Claude still cannot access the STELORA MCP tools.
When I ask Claude:
“What abilities do I have available for this website?”
Claude says:
“I also see you have a connector called STELORA linked to your account, though I don’t have specific tools from it active in this conversation yet.”
So the three base tools are still not available to Claude:
discover-abilitiesget-ability-infoexecute-ability
- When I try to reconnect STELORA in Claude after installing 1.4.3-beta1, the OAuth authorization now fails.
Claude displays:
“L’autorisation avec STELORA a échoué. Vous pouvez vérifier vos identifiants et permissions. Si le problème persiste, partagez cette référence avec le support :”
ofid_355a9fa0c73a4345This is different from 1.4.2, where OAuth authorization completed successfully. Summary
Albert 1.4.2:
- OAuth authorization: ✅
- OAuth discovery with
/index.php/: ✅ - MCP endpoint: ✅
- Three MCP tools available to Claude: ❌
- OVH log:
OAuth Bearer token required
Albert 1.4.3-beta1:
- Installation: ✅
- MCP tools available to Claude: ❌
- OAuth reconnection: ❌
- Claude support reference:
ofid_355a9fa0c73a4345
I have not made any other changes to WordPress, the permalink structure, or the Albert settings.
Could you please check what is happening with the 1.4.3-beta1 authorization reference and whether the three base MCP tools are now being registered correctly when
/index.php/is present?Thanks again for working through this with me.
Hi Mark,
I tested exactly as you suggested.
Claude confirms that the STELORA connector is connected, but it says:
“I don’t have a way to inspect STELORA’s tools directly from this chat — it’s only accessible from inside an artifact that calls the Anthropic API with the STELORA MCP server attached, not as a tool I can call myself here.”
So Claude does NOT have STELORA available as a callable tool in the conversation.
I also checked the Claude UI, but my account does not show the “Tool access” / “Connectors” option you mentioned. I can only see “Browse connectors”, and the custom connector itself is connected but shows no available tools.
I have not been able to see:
- discover-abilities
- get-ability-info
- execute-ability
Could you please check from the Albert side whether these three base MCP tools are actually being exposed to my authenticated session?
OAuth and both .well-known discovery endpoints are working correctly, so the remaining issue appears to be specifically the MCP tool exposure/listing.
Thanks!