Forum Replies Created

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Thread Starter physicman

    (@physicman)

    Hello again,

    Thanks for your answer. I was expecting some kind of PHP problem, but you mentioning SELinux made me think the problem could be elsewhere. I fiddled a bit around and found out the the filesystem was seen as read-only by apache.

    Looking more into it (and searching the web), I found the culprit was systemd that was now setting /usr as read-only (and therefore /usr/share/wordpress/wp-content too).

    Using systemctl edit apache2.service I was able to add /usr/share/wordpress/wp-content to the ReadWritePaths , restart apache2 and there, it works again. 🙂

    Anyway, thanks again for your help with this!

    Thread Starter physicman

    (@physicman)

    Hello threadi,

    Thank you for your kind answer.

    Like I wrote earlier, I’ve tried setting the permissions to 777 on the wp-content/plugins et wp-content/themes folder but to no avail. Are there some other files or folders that would require different permissions outside of the ones in wp-content/ ?

    Also, is there a way to check which user is actually running the scripts? Apache is running with the www-data user, so I assume that wordpress should be running as the same user. All the files under the wordpress directory are owned by www-data, so that should be OK, right?

    Is there something I’m missing?

    Thanks in advance,

    Chris

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)