Forum Replies Created

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Thread Starter photoani

    (@photoani)

    Dear TranslatePress Support Team,

    I would like to provide an important update regarding the /nl/ issue on my website:

    https://www.anikawyrwa.nl/

    ProPhoto Support logged into my WordPress website and performed another test. They found the following:

    • When TranslatePress is active, the homepage automatically redirects from https://www.anikawyrwa.nl/ to https://www.anikawyrwa.nl/nl/.
    • When TranslatePress is deactivated, the homepage loads at https://www.anikawyrwa.nl/.
    • However, after TranslatePress was deactivated, the rest of my website no longer worked correctly. Pages, links and/or website content were no longer properly accessible.
    • I therefore had to reactivate TranslatePress to restore the website.
    • After reactivating TranslatePress, the redirect to /nl/ returned.

    This new test clearly indicates that the active /nl/ redirect is connected to TranslatePress. It also appears that parts of the functioning website currently depend on TranslatePress.

    My goal is to remove TranslatePress and keep the complete Dutch website working at URLs without the /nl/ prefix. I do not want to lose any pages, content, navigation links or SEO rankings.

    Could you please provide specific instructions for my situation and explain:

    1. Why does TranslatePress redirect the homepage to /nl/ while it is active?
    2. Why do the other pages or links stop working correctly when TranslatePress is deactivated?
    3. Is some of the Dutch content stored only as a TranslatePress translation rather than as the original WordPress content?
    4. How can I transfer or copy the complete Dutch content into the original WordPress pages before removing TranslatePress?
    5. Which settings must be changed before deactivating the plugin?
    6. How can I safely remove the /nl/ prefix from all Dutch URLs?
    7. How should the required 301 redirects from the existing /nl/ URLs to the corresponding URLs without /nl/ be configured?
    8. Do menus, buttons, internal links or ProPhoto design elements need to be updated manually?
    9. Are there any TranslatePress database settings or URL records that need to be reset?

    The website uses ProPhoto 7. ProPhoto Support has confirmed that the homepage loads at the root URL when TranslatePress is deactivated, but they cannot troubleshoot TranslatePress or other third-party plugins.

    At this point, simply deactivating TranslatePress is not a workable solution because it causes the rest of the website to stop functioning correctly.

    Please let me know exactly how I can migrate the Dutch website away from TranslatePress without losing content or creating broken pages and links.

    Kind regards,

    Anika Wyrwa

    Thread Starter photoani

    (@photoani)

    Dear TranslatePress Support Team,

    Thank you for your instructions. I have now completed the requested test.

    I temporarily deactivated TranslatePress and then opened a new private browser window. I manually entered:

    https:///. .nl

    The website still automatically redirected to:

    https://. nl/nl/

    Because TranslatePress was disabled, the /nl/ page then displayed my website’s error/404 page.

    This confirms that the redirect from / to /nl/ continues even when TranslatePress is inactive.

    I have reactivated TranslatePress for now so that the website remains accessible.

    Could you please advise which locations should now be checked? In particular, could this redirect have remained in:

    • WordPress rewrite rules or the .htaccess file;
    • the ProPhoto theme settings;
    • WordPress transients or caching;
    • another plugin;
    • a server-level configuration;
    • settings previously created by TranslatePress that remain active after deactivation?

    My WordPress Address and Site Address are both set to:

    https:// .nl

    My hosting provider has also confirmed that no URL forwarding is configured for the domain.

    Please let me know which technical information or screenshots you need to investigate this further.

    Kind regards,

    Anika

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)