Naomi Niles
Forum Replies Created
-
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Related Posts by Taxonomy] Relating Custom Post Type and Posts by TagAh hah! It is indeed a plugin conflict. It’s one that comes along with the theme called “Top Rated Widget”. At least now I know where to narrow it down. I wish I had thought of looking at the plugins before bugging you!
Thanks again for all your help.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Related Posts by Taxonomy] Relating Custom Post Type and Posts by TagHi keesiemeijer,
The reviews are registered under register_post_type() in the functions.php file.
Here’s the code:
register_post_type( 'reviews', array( 'labels' => array( 'name' => __( 'Reviews','reviews' ), 'singular_name' => __( 'Review','review' ) ), 'public' => true, 'has_archive' => true, 'supports' => array('title','editor', 'author', 'comments'), 'taxonomies' => array('post_tag'), 'menu_icon' => get_template_directory_uri() . '/functions/1373995910_konqsidebar_mediaplayer.png', // Icon Path ) );The widget should show on the bottom right of this review post:
http://www.enterpriseopinions.com/reviews/landesk/It has the tag “test” and also this post has the tag “test”:
http://www.enterpriseopinions.com/2013/04/posting-guidelines/Thanks so much for your help. I really appreciate it.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Related Posts by Taxonomy] Relating Custom Post Type and Posts by TagThank you very much for your help! There’s no rush. I totally appreciate any help whenever you might get the chance.
Yes, you are correct. Both types “post” and “review” have the post_tags taxonomy and both have the tag called “test”.
I tried the widget with the same settings on a single post except instead of selecting only the “post” type, I selected “post” and “review” types.
It still doesn’t show even though I have 2 posts and 1 review with the tag “test”.
Thank you again.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Testimonials Widget] Two different image sizes?Here you go: http://www.primalfitmiami.com/dev/reviews/
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Testimonials Widget] Two different image sizes?Hmmm, yep, it’s definitely a page. Weird, right? I think I’m going to just resize the widget images via css instead.
Sorry for being a pain. Thanks for the help!
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Testimonials Widget] Two different image sizes?I thought that if you use it without the page number or slug than it means it applies to any page?
It’s still not working with the number or the slug though. Here’s the code I have now:
if ( is_page('reviews') ) { add_filter( 'testimonials_widget_image_size', 'my_testimonials_widget_image_size' ); function my_testimonials_widget_image_size( $size ) { $size = array( 575, 350 ); return $size; } }Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Testimonials Widget] Two different image sizes?Thanks, Michael!
I tried using is_page() as referenced here:
WordPress forum postIt’s not working for me though. If I remove the conditional, it works, but not with it.
Here’s what I have:
if ( is_page() ) { add_filter( 'testimonials_widget_image_size', 'my_testimonials_widget_image_size' ); function my_testimonials_widget_image_size( $size ) { $size = array( 575, 350 ); return $size; } }Hi Kurt,
I’d be grateful if you could send me one as well if you still have it available to support@shiftfwd.com.
Thanks so much!
Forum: Themes and Templates
In reply to: Fatal Error with Heartland 1.1 themeI’m sorry I missed your question! Did you get it fixed?
If not, the answer is that WordPress needs to be updated to the latest version. You need at least 2.7 to avoid that particular error.
Forum: Themes and Templates
In reply to: nifty cube corners and worpressHere’s what you have to do. I put the niftycube.js and niftyCorners.css files in the theme directory.
First, you have to make sure you are calling the niftycube.js file with the absolute path. To do this, you would post this in your header.
<script type="text/javascript" src="<?php bloginfo('template_directory'); ?>/niftycube.js"></script>Then, you have to make sure the whole absolute url is posted in the niftycube.js file.
This would be for the line that starts like this:
l.setAttribute("href","So, that line would finally look something like this:
l.setAttribute("href","http://www.yoursite.com/wp-content/themes/yourthemedirectory/niftyCorners.css");Forum: Installing WordPress
In reply to: Multiple Conditions?I have multiple pages specified like this:
<?php if (is_page(page1) OR is_page('page2')) { ?> <p>conditional stuff here.</p> <?php } ?>Forum: Themes and Templates
In reply to: links category heading tags?nevermind, I found it in links.php in the wp-includes folder around line 548
thanks!