mranio
Forum Replies Created
-
Thank you. I look forward to hearing from you.
Hi Iarina, an update.
Following the hosting provider’s advice, I upgraded the database server from MySQL 5.7.42 to MySQL 8.0.46. The site works normally after the upgrade.
I then ran the updater once more (30 September 2026, around 20:30–20:40 Europe/Rome). It failed at exactly the same step, “cleaning duplicate gettext original strings”, with “MySQL server has gone away”, this time after about 2–3 minutes (previously about 5).
I have asked Aruba again for their MySQL/resource logs and their per-query time limits, and I will post their answer. In the meantime, is there a way to run this cleanup step in smaller batches, or to skip it safely? Front-end translations (EN, FR, AR) keep working normally.
Thank you!
Hi Iarina, thank you for the quick reply.
- Opening admin.php?page=trp_error_manager returns “Sorry, you are not allowed to access this page” (I am logged in as administrator).
- Each attempt ran for about 5 minutes before the error appeared.
- Database server: MySQL 5.7.42 (extension mysqli, client mysqlnd 8.1.33), charset utf8mb4, collation utf8mb4_unicode_520_ci, max_allowed_packet 67108864.
Failed attempts: 27 September 2026 at about 19:05 and 19:11 (Europe/Rome, CEST), plus one on 24 September in the evening.
I have asked the hosting provider (Aruba) to check the MySQL and resource logs for those times. I will post their answer and any PHP error log entries as soon as I receive them. I won’t retry the updater in the meantime.
Thank you!
- This reply was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by mranio.