modrobert
Forum Replies Created
-
The problem seems to be an escaped apostrophe by esc_attr() in the profile title becomes
'
which makes a preg_replace() later on fail by returning null which causes the reply to disappear. Also there is one sprintf() too much in the code for v6.4.9. I’m not 100% sure about the reason because I have limited debug possibilities in wordpress[.]com on a live weblog.
Changing the code in ‘includes/functions_quote.php’ like this works:255c255
< $view_profile_text = sprintf(
---
> $view_profile_text = esc_attr(sprintf(
257,258c257,258
< esc_attr( sprintf(__( 'View %s\'s profile', 'bbpress'),
< $user_name))
---
> __( 'View %s\'s profile', 'bbpress'),
> $user_name)
272c272
< $content = preg_replace( '#'.$new_link.'#is', '<span class="bbp-author-name">'.$user_name.'</span>', $content );
---
> $content = preg_replace( '#'.preg_quote( $new_link, '#' ).'#is', '<span class="bbp-author-name">'.$user_name.'</span>', $content );I let you decide if there are any security implications of that additional preg_quote(), but it makes it work with esc_attr(), alternately I guess the escaped apostrophe character can be removed from the view profile string.
In case it wasn’t clear in my previous posts, only replies containing quotes (with ‘bsp-quote-title’ div tag) are not visible with “Quotes” enabled in bbp style pack v6.4.9.
OK, yes, it looks like some filter to escape characters. In my setup using wordpress[.]com it probably generates a PHP error because there is no content at all with “Quotes” enabled without that patch. I noticed an alternative is to edit the reply, select “CODE” view, and change the div tag “bsp-quote-title” to something else, and the reason that shows the reply is because it’s not recognized as “Quote” anymore.