mjaromahol2
Forum Replies Created
-
Thank you mate, well at least we know what all your family and friends are getting this year! Haha
Hi James,
Confirmed — I can see them at my end too. Realtime is showing 3 purchase events, along with the add_to_cart events, and purchase is also showing correctly under Key Events.
So it looks like the purchase tracking is now working correctly in our GA4 property.
Thanks again for helping us get this resolved and tested, you star!
Regards
MarkHi James,
Thanks. I think this may possibly relate to the test product/session from the weekend.
We worked through the issue at our end and I completed a successful test order. I only cleared the test product/basket from my session this morning.
Importantly, we also received two genuine customer orders through the website last night, in addition to my own test order, so the normal add-to-basket and checkout process is working for customers.
Could you please try the test product again now, ideally in a fresh/incognito browser session, and let me know if the Add to Basket button is still non-responsive for you?
If it is, then it would be useful to establish why it is affecting your session/browser when other orders are successfully going through.
Many thanks,
MarkHi James, I completed a £0 virtual test order today, #12938, using the GA4 Purchase Tracking Test product. Checkout succeeded, and the correct Aroma Holiday GA4 property shows the product, basket and checkout pages plus add_to_cart in Realtime, but there is no purchase event. Could you check whether Site Kit sends purchase for this free order and whether the order confirmation page is tracked? I’ve disabled the temporary cheque payment option again. Thanks, Mark
Hi James, here’s the free virtual product for testing the purchase event: https://www.aromaholiday.com/product/ga4-purchase-tracking-test/
Please let me know whether the purchase event records after checkout.Thanks James.
I’ve now re-enabled both GDPR Cookie Compliance and Site Kit Consent Mode.
WP Rocket remains active and Web Worker Offloading remains deactivated.
If you could run your checks again and confirm Analytics and add_to_cart are still functioning correctly with the consent setup restored, that would be great.
Once that’s confirmed, I’m happy to create a temporary free test product for you so we can test the complete checkout and purchase event as well.
Thanks,
MarkThanks James, that makes sense. In that case I’ll leave Web Worker Offloading deactivated rather than introducing a custom workaround for a plugin that’s being sunset.
Great that we’ve now got the Analytics snippet functioning and add_to_cart events firing correctly.
Before we close this off, I just remembered that as part of the earlier troubleshooting we also deactivated GDPR Cookie Compliance and switched off Site Kit Consent Mode.
Presumably we now need to restore those and check that Analytics and add_to_cart continue to work correctly?
I’d also like to confirm that the purchase event is functioning, as that was the original concern — WooCommerce had completed orders but GA4 wasn’t recording the transactions/revenue.
Thanks again for your help,
MarkThanks James — I’ve just checked and my mistake, WP Rocket is actually already active.
So the successful check you’ve just carried out was with WP Rocket active and Web Worker Offloading deactivated.
That would seem to narrow it down to Web Worker Offloading rather than WP Rocket.
Would you like me to leave Web Worker Offloading deactivated for now while you carry out any further checks?
Thanks James.
Troubleshooting Mode is now disabled, and I have temporarily deactivated both Web Worker Offloading and WP Rocket on the live site as requested.
Everything is ready for you to run your checks.
Thanks,
MarkHi James,
I’ve now completed the troubleshooting test.
With Troubleshooting Mode enabled and only Site Kit + WooCommerce active, searching the page source for partytown returned 0/0.
I then enabled Web Worker Offloading. Immediately partytown appeared in the source, including the Site Kit Google tag being changed to type=”text/partytown”.
I disabled Web Worker Offloading again and partytown returned to 0/0, so that appears to confirm that plugin is responsible for modifying the Site Kit script.
However, with Web Worker Offloading disabled and only Site Kit + WooCommerce active, I refreshed the website and tested adding a product to the basket. GA4 Realtime still showed 0 active users, including 0 in the last 5 minutes.
I’ve left Troubleshooting Mode active and haven’t enabled anything else.
What would you like me to test next?
Thanks,
MarkHi James,
Done. I have now temporarily:
• Deactivated GDPR Cookie Compliance
• Disabled Consent Mode within Site KitThe alternative Aroma Holiday – GA4 property remains selected, with “Place Google Analytics code” enabled.
Also, Tag Manager remains disconnected and WooCommerce AJAX add-to-cart on archives remains disabled from the previous tests.
I’ll leave everything exactly as it is while you check.
Thanks,
MarkDone. I’ve temporarily switched Site Kit to the other Aroma Holiday – GA4 property as requested, and “Place Google Analytics code” remains enabled.
Just so you know the exact current configuration, the two changes from yesterday’s troubleshooting are still in place:
• Tag Manager remains disconnected from Site Kit
• WooCommerce AJAX add-to-cart on archives remains disabledI haven’t changed either of those back as I wanted to wait for your instruction. Please let me know when you’d like me to restore them.
Thanks,
MarkHi James,
Before we make any further changes, I’ve noticed something that may be relevant to your investigation.
In Site Kit’s Analytics settings I have two separate Analytics accounts available:
Aroma Holiday Ltd
Property: 470863093
Measurement ID: G-77B87TZ1SCand a separate account called Aroma Holiday, which has a different GA4 property (shown as Aroma Holiday – GA4) and a different measurement ID beginning G-9WSC….
Site Kit has been connected to Aroma Holiday Ltd / G-77B87TZ1SC, with “Place Google Analytics code” enabled.
I haven’t changed it to the other account — I cancelled out of the screen. I thought I should make you aware of the second Analytics account/property in case this explains any of the configuration or Tag Manager behaviour you are seeing.
Would you like me to leave everything exactly as it is while you check which property should be used?
Thanks,
MarkHi James,
Tag Manager is now disconnected as requested. I then added another product to the basket and checked the correct GA4 property in Realtime. Unfortunately, no add_to_cart event appeared — Realtime is showing “No data available”.
Just to confirm the current test configuration, I have also left “Enable AJAX add to basket buttons on archives” unchecked from your previous test. So at present both that setting remains disabled and Tag Manager is disconnected.
I’ve left everything in this state so you can check the site in exactly this configuration. Please let me know when you’ve finished testing and what you would like me to reconnect/re-enable.
Many thanks,
MarkHi James,
I’ve now unchecked “Enable AJAX add to basket buttons on archives” in WooCommerce → Settings → Products and saved the change.
I’ve tested Add to Basket from one of the ready-made gift sets on the homepage. The product was added successfully and the page appeared to perform a quick reload/refresh rather than adding silently as before.
The setting is currently still disabled so you’re welcome to retest the site and check whether wcdata.add_to_cart now populates on reload.
Many thanks,
Mark