To clarify: The rest of the site’s encoding works perfectly well. Also the encoding in the title coming with the RSS works well too. It’s just for some reason the description where unwanted characters appears.
Still have a problem with this. It works fine on iPhones and such but as soon as I go on iPad inspect mode it starts to create huge distances. As I mentioned before the problem comes from a Layout Builder consisting of a SiteOrigin Image and SiteOrigin Editor. The problem is that the “block” heights gets extremely big in just that specific situation (on iPad).
If there’s anything that is unclear about the problem, ask away.
Edit: I’m not exactly sure what caused the problem but I changed back from a child theme to the regular theme and the option appeared again. It’s strange since I’ve had the child theme for a long time and the problem hasn’t appeared before.