mamabeeyotch
Forum Replies Created
-
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: What do I need to know to Use WordPress?Rank, I knew *nothing* about php when I first installed WP at the beginning of this year. Now, I know barely more than nothing, but I’ve picked up enough that I feel pretty comfortable editing my files to make them suit me better. It’s not hard to learn at all, and the folks around here are very willing to help when we newbies get stuck. π
Forum: Installing WordPress
In reply to: Permissions During InstallationI suppose that’s what I get for trying to be helpful. And here I thought I was finally getting the hang of this stuff. π
Forum: Installing WordPress
In reply to: Permissions During InstallationThere’s plenty of information in this thread. Have fun. π
Forum: Installing WordPress
In reply to: Fatal error: Call to undefined function:The good news is: clearly it was a user issue. I re-uploaded all the files, and now I’m staring at the happy “Upgrade WordPress” link. With any luck, all else will go smoothly. Thanks for your help, Steve.
Forum: Installing WordPress
In reply to: None of my blog entries are visible!Also, take a look at http://www.tamba2.org.uk/wordpress/move/.
Forum: Installing WordPress
In reply to: None of my blog entries are visible!Are you using the same host? If so, is the MySQL database name the same? You might need to change your site URL if that’s the case. If you’re on a different host, I imagine you’ll have to import all the tables from your old database to your new one.
Forum: Installing WordPress
In reply to: Fatal error: Call to undefined function:All-righty, then. I looked at the code, and it appeared as though all the timer_start() function does is time how long the upgrade takes. So I commented it out and re-ran upgrade.php, only to get a different error:
“Fatal error: Call to undefined function: __() in /home/kdefilip/public_html/wp-admin/admin-functions.php on line 881”
For the record, this section of code appears to be where the various file descriptions exist; the specific line giving the problem is: ‘index.php’ => __(‘Main Template’),
Ahhh, so close and yet so far. π
Forum: Installing WordPress
In reply to: Fatal error: Call to undefined function:Steve – yep, I sure did.
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Oh, have I ever screwed this up! :-)E-mail on the way, Podz. Thanks!
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: suspicious spam/not-spamMacmanx, what are you adding to your blacklist? Is it just verbiage from the spam, or are you blacklisting IP addresses? It seems to me that these *#$(&#@$~ have so many IPs that it would be impossible to keep up.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: Referrer spammer caughtObviously, I’m a moron; I put it at the top of my index.php, and the code actually displayed at the top of the Web page. Where in the index.php should I place the code?
Thanks!