Link Software LLC
Forum Replies Created
-
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [WP Word Count] Coursepress compatiabilityI try and support as many third-party plugins as I can but some of them store data in less than common ways which makes it difficult. If there is enough demand I look into them more but I unfortunately can’t promise anything for CoursePress at this time.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [WP Word Count] Show plugin menu for admins onlyMaybe in a future release. Let me think about how best to implement that. I can’t promise a timeframe for it to be included right now but I’ll add it to my list.
Thanks for checking out the plugin and offering feedback. I appreciate it.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [WP Word Count] Mismatch with WordCounterThe plugin shouldn’t be filtering out any specific words.
Are you using a page builder plugin or is it just regular text content?
This might be easier to sort out via email, if you want to get in touch, and send me the content of your post or a link to it: support at linksoftwarellc dot com
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [WP Word Count] Fatal errorVersion 3.0 has a new method for initialing calculating your word counts. If you want to give that a shot and let me know if you see improvement I would greatly appreciate it.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [WP Word Count] Can’t activate plugin, fatal error@deltahf Would you mind emailing me (support at linksoftwarellc.com) and I can see about helping you out?
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [WP Word Count] Fatal errorThis happens sometimes with large sites running on cost-efficient hosting.
The Pro version of WP Word Count has an incremental word count calculation routine that performs much better than what the free version uses. I plan on implementing that into the free version in a future release.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [WP Word Count] Doesnt show wordcount at allCan you email your website address to support [at] linksoftwarellc.com when you have a moment?
Thanks.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [WP Word Count] Author counts fail to updateThanks for making this report.
Issue #1, in the free version, should be fixed by deactivating and activating the plugin again. This will cause a recalculation to occur which should reassign the counts correctly. That’s not a really great solution but I hope to someday include the same optional, manual calculation the Pro version has into the free release but I can’t make promises when that will happen.
Issue #2 is definitely a bug and I’m working on getting the fix out soon.
Thanks again.
– Brian.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [WP Word Count] Can’t activate plugin, fatal errorYou might be on the side of having too much content to process with the free version. Can you email me (support at linksoftwarellc.com) and I’ll help you out.
– Brian.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [WP Word Count] Can’t activate plugin, fatal errorI’m not sure what to make of that. Typically your wp-config should look “something” like this:
define(‘DB_CHARSET’, ‘utf8’);
define(‘DB_COLLATE’, ”);The DB_CHARSET can sometimes be a variation like ‘utf8mb4’ but I’m pretty sure that’s dependent on your host.
Right now I don’t see anything in the plugin code that would create those database errors. WP Word Count, like I mentioned above, is just pulling those values from your wp-config.
I’ll look into it more when I get some time this week but right now I’m at a loss.
– Brian.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [WP Word Count] Can’t activate plugin, fatal errorWhen you get some time can you check your wp-config.php file and let me know what the values for these two variables are: DB_CHARSET & DB_COLLATE
Thanks for your help tracking this down.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [WP Word Count] Can’t activate plugin, fatal errorHey Rafael,
Do you have other plugins that create their own database tables? If so, are those working correctly? WP Word Count makes its own table to store data and the character set and collation are pulled automatically with the built-in get_charset_collate() function provided by WordPress.
So I’m not sure if it’s a hosting issue (out of date mySQL install, maybe?) or something else. This is the first I’ve heard of someone having such an issue with free or the Pro release.
– Brian.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [WP Word Count] shortcodeWillem,
I just sat down today to add some new shortcodes. Would you be willing to email me (support at linksoftwarellc.com) and help me out a bit?
Thanks,
Brian.Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [WP Word Count] shortcodeThe only shortcode that currently exists shows the word count for the given post it’s included on.
I’ve had several people request shortcodes that offer more (like total words) so I might put that in a future release but for now that is not an available feature.
Thanks for trying to plugin out.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [WP Word Count] I thought this would show a word count in the editor…I’m not 100% sure what you mean by the editor toolbar but by default WordPress does show you a post’s word count as you create it at the very bottom of the WYSIWYG content editor.
The Pro version has a very basic, unsortable column with post word count on the posts and pages list but it’s hit or miss for custom post types because of some very annoying behind-the-scenes ways WordPress’ codebase is built.
Thanks for checking the plugin out though. Sorry it wasn’t what you wanted.