jordiss
Forum Replies Created
-
Hello, I’ve replied to the email – it seems this update is working properly. After two days, I connected and it worked fine.
Thanks
JordiHi, that sounds fine to me. I’ve just sent the ticket.
ThanksHi Jordy,
I enabled MCP Debug and reproduced the issue.
This time the PHP error log clearly shows OAuth refresh failures on AI Engine 3.8.2:
[AI Engine MCP OAuth] → /oauth/token grant_type=refresh_token
[AI Engine MCP OAuth] ❌ Refresh rejected for token ff76d9cf: the grant exists but is revoked (already rotated, or revoked in Connected Apps).[AI Engine MCP OAuth] → /oauth/token grant_type=refresh_token
[AI Engine MCP OAuth] ❌ Refresh rejected for token 2b3dea4f: the grant exists but is revoked (already rotated, or revoked in Connected Apps).At the same time ChatGPT reported:
TypeError: tools.mcp__accion_consc_prueba2_382__wp_get_posts is not a function
So in this reproduction, AI Engine is definitely receiving refresh_token requests and rejecting them because the grants are already revoked/rotated.
The connection had previously worked correctly, and no manual revocation was performed before this failure.
Please let me know if you need the surrounding log lines or the Connected Apps state / Last Used timestamp.
ThanksJordi
Hi Jordy,
Thanks again for the 3.8.2 fix. I updated AI Engine and tested it again.
Unfortunately, in my case the connection still seems to become unavailable after some time.
What I am seeing now is:
- an MCP connection created with AI Engine 3.8.2 works correctly immediately after authorization;
- ChatGPT Desktop can use the WordPress tools normally and read posts;
- after some time / in later Work sessions, that same MCP connection is no longer available to the session;
- creating a brand new MCP connection to the same endpoint makes it work again immediately.
For example, a newly created connection was able to return the latest WordPress posts successfully, while the previous connection was no longer available in a new Work session.
At this point I have not always seen the exact
invalid_grantmessage again. In some cases ChatGPT simply reports that the MCP connection is no longer available in the session. So I cannot say for certain whether the remaining issue is still refresh-token related or whether ChatGPT Desktop is losing the registered MCP connection/tool binding after some time.The important part is that:
- the old connection stops being usable,
- a newly created connection works immediately with the same site and endpoint.
I am keeping the new test connection untouched now so I can check whether it remains available after several hours / the next day.
If it fails again, I will report the exact error message and whether the authorization is still visible under AI Engine → Connected Apps (OAuth).
So 3.8.2 definitely improved the behavior, but in my setup the MCP connection still does not appear to remain reliably usable across later ChatGPT Desktop Work sessions.
Please let me know if there is any specific log, debug mode or OAuth/MCP information you would like me to collect while reproducing it.
Thanks again for looking into this.