jonahall59
Forum Replies Created
-
I am starting to think you are right – I have the sever support looking at it this very moment.
Thank you for the patient help and advice. If the solution is server-related, I will post it here so that anyone else having the problem will know what to look for!
A bit of an update.
We used WP Code lite (as above) to add the code to the sites. It popped up a notice and we accepted it as being safe. That worked – three days later and the code (<script src=”//s.ksrndkehqnwntyxlhgto.com/XXXXX.js”></script>) has been deleted from the WP Code area! Thus causing the sites to fail again. This time I enabled Learning Mode on the Firewall and readded the same code. It did not pop up with the WF message about it not being safe this time. That seems to infer that the address has been whitelisted. If I tried to add the same code to the Themify Hook Content (in Learning Mode or not) it just deletes it very quickly. So if it has been whitelisted then it doesn’t work in the Hook Content block? Is that possible?
The problem is that the code (despite being apparently whitelisted) disappeared after three (or maybe 4) days. So now we are a bit stuck. We cannot check all of the numerous sites we look after every few days and then re-add the code again, not knowing how long it will ‘stick’. We are a bit desperate – the WhatConverts tracking is pretty central to what we do. So any ideas would be welcome.
Thanks – unfortunately, that didn’t work (the line of WhatConverts code was still removed).
Yes, I am logging in as an admin. We are using Themify Ultra as our theme. We have (for years) been using the Themify ‘Hook Content’ option to put tracking code onto specific pages – this has worked fine. Unfortunately, for some reason Wordfence seems to be disallowing that and has actively deleted that line of code on every website (!) which means the tracking doesn’t work any more.
This is the line of code <script src=”//s.ksrndkehqnwntyxlhgto.com/XXXXX.js”></script> (XXXXX is a five digit number) that gets removed. It does not bring up any sort of popup to allow us to confirm that this is a safe link when adding it to the Hook Content area. Turning the Firewall back into Learning mode makes no difference – it is still removed.
If I use a plugin (WP Code Lite), I can add the line of code to the whole site : it brings up the WF message allowing me to confirm this is a safe link and that saves and works OK, it is not removed. But unfortunately we need to add different code (with different numbers) to different pages. Is there any way of manually specifying that URL as safe either in the site backend or can you do it in your backend? I suspect this will affect quite a few people as WhatConverts is widely used.
Thanks very much
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Max Mega Menu] Conditional menusSolved using Themify Conditional Menus plugin.