jimji
Forum Replies Created
-
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Comments go straight to Spam folderHi Bibliochick. I’m still having the same problem as you and I wonder if you’ve received a reply – perhaps backchannel? … to our shared problem.
Hopefully you’ll see this and respond to me directly? At – jimji@internode.on.net
thanks,
JimForum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: how to make “previous”/”next” appear on the blog pageAlchymyth – I thought I’d try once more! I want to clarify that your answer above was in response to this question: I would like to move the Links so that they appear on top of the two drop down menus (Composers and Blog titles)
I haven’t been able to contact the person I thought could help me so I wonder if the instructions above are the simplest way to change the order in which Links and the two drop down menus appear?
Thanks,
JimForum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: how to make “previous”/”next” appear on the blog pageThanks again. Since I’m a bit of a computerdummy! … I’ll pass this on to someone I know who can help me do it.
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: how to make “previous”/”next” appear on the blog pageThank you Thank you! I would have never in a million years figured it out! You mentioned Firefox which is what I use, and Next/Previous works fine, BUT I was checking it with other friends who I believe use Explorer. So do you think Firefox users will see the Next? (just in case I have more Posts that are messed up (since I have a number of postings where I would have copied from Word without using the special function)
Another related question is: I accidentally noticed that the Post I used to have on the bottom of page 2 had lots of ‘gobbledegook’ in the HTML, like the “Special Mozart” did. So I removed all the htmp junk and re-did it. When I did – just by coincidence – Mozart ended up on the bottom of page 2. Do you think this means that as long as a “good” Post (one that is not damaged in this way) ends up at the bottom of each page; then it will work? Or (shudder to think I’ll have to check every post!) any posting in any position that has ended up with the junk will mess up the Next/Previous function?
I really appreciate your help with this and hope I’m not stretching things too much to ask one more question?! Which I’m pretty sure will be very simple.
I would like to move the Links so that they appear on top of the two drop down menus (Composers and Blog titles)
So much appreciated.
Jim
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: how to make “previous”/”next” appear on the blog pageDear “my rocks” – I also have the same problem.
The only page on my web site that offers Next/Previous at the bottom of the page, is the very first page of my site. http://www.jimsclassicalmusic.com
At the bottom of page 2, not only do I not have the Next/Previous option, but I also lose the music link and the text of that post! Being a bit of a computerdummy … I wonder if you could walk me throught the process that will allow visitors when they get to the bottom of each page; to either go forward or back by way of Next/Previous appearing at the bottom of each page.
Thanks for any help you can give me.
Jim Migdoll
backchannel: jimji@internode.on.netForum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Underline in sidebar and a strange ‘bug’?!Thanks so much Esmi. I’ll review what you’ve written and see how much (or little!) I can accomplish. I might get back to you with further questions if that’s OK.
On the other hand … do you work on sites for an hourly rate? If so what is it? This site has been a real labour of love for me with lots of wasted time and money through mistakes! – it’s still my only hobby. (as you’ve seen I’m not selling anything … just offering beautiful music to listen for free) And even though the site keeps getting better there are a handful of things I know of to make it really spiffy! Let me know how you’re placed.
best regards,
JimForum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Underline in sidebar and a strange ‘bug’?!Hello Esmi – Your feedback on the previous question was very helpful. My ‘computer guy’ fixed the issues.
I finally found an experienced WordPress tech in this area, but he’s very expensive! So I’m just wondering if what I need could be done by a ‘computerdummy’ like myself!
While looking at the site this guy told me that my SEO (or SEO’s .. whatever they are) were all wrong for Search Engines. He said that if I fixed them my traffic would increase exponentially.
So how to fix this? Would I have to know how to write code? (I don’t) or is it simply a matter of getting to the right place and typing in key search words?
Any feedback would be appreciated.
all the best,
Jim
http://www.jimsclassicalmusic.comForum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Underline in sidebar and a strange ‘bug’?!Thanks so much for you detailed reply. Really appreciate it. However .. I am a computerdummy! – so I’ll pass the info along to the guy who helps me out!
best,
JimForum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Underline in sidebar and a strange ‘bug’?!Very strange! 1) The Categories are on the right side (Blog Titles)
You’ll see that most are underlined but the further down the page you go there are more that haven’t underlined. (also a few of the Composers names have not underlined)
2) You get a 404 when you click Opera Anthology”?! hmmm – I’ve just gone there and the page opens no problem. Also I haven’t heard of any access issues.
Perhaps try again and let me know.
Thanks,
Jim
UPDATE: I can access Opera Anthology – but others can’t! So I’ll now try to delete and re-do that page.