frankmicheluecker
Forum Replies Created
-
Hi Lynn,
thanks for getting back to me and for taking the time to look into this.
Here is the requested System Info from MailPoet. I have redacted the personal information and the MailPoet/MSS key.
name: [redacted]
email: [redacted]
PHP version: 8.2.33
MailPoet Free version: 5.38.1
MailPoet Premium version: N/A
MailPoet Premium/MSS key: [redacted]
WordPress version: 7.1
Database version: 10.11.10-MariaDB-cll-lve
Web server: Apache
Server OS: Linux host114.alfahosting-server.de 4.18.0-553.157.1.lve.el8.x86_64 #1 SMP Mon Aug 24 17:05:39 UTC 2026 x86_64
WP info: WP_MEMORY_LIMIT: 256M - WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT: 384M - WP_DEBUG: - WordPress language: de_DE - WordPress timezone: Europe/Berlin
PHP info: PHP max_execution_time: 30 - PHP memory_limit: 384M - PHP upload_max_filesize: 64M - PHP post_max_size: 64M
Multisite environment?: No
Current Theme: Thrive Theme Builder (version 11.0.0.1)
Active Plugin names: better-wp-security/better-wp-security.php, dynamic-qr-code/dynamic-qr-code.php, erecht24/erecht24.php, event-genius/event-genius.php, login-recaptcha/login-nocaptcha.php, mailpoet/mailpoet.php, pixelyoursite/facebook-pixel-master.php, server-ip-memory-usage/server-ip-memory-usage.php, simply-schedule-appointments/simply-schedule-appointments.php, thrive-ab-page-testing/thrive-ab-page-testing.php, thrive-leads/thrive-leads.php, thrive-product-manager/thrive-product-manager.php, thrive-quiz-builder/thrive-quiz-builder.php, thrive-visual-editor/thrive-visual-editor.php, updraftplus/updraftplus.php, wp-optimize/wp-optimize.php, wp-reviews-plugin-for-google/wp-reviews-plugin-for-google.php, wp-seopress/seopress.php
Sending Method: MailPoet
MailPoet Sending Service: Is reachable: Yes - Ping response: 200 HTTP status code - API key state: valid - Premium key state: valid_underprivileged
Sending Frequency: Verwaltet vom MailPoet Sending Service
MailPoet sending info: Send all site's emails with: current sending method - Task Scheduler method: Linux Cron - Default FROM address: [redacted] - Default Reply-To address: [redacted] - Bounce Email Address:
MailPoet Cron / Action Scheduler: Status: active - Is reachable: Yes - Ping URL: https://heilpraktiker-michel.de?mailpoet_router&endpoint=cron_daemon&action=ping - Ping response: pong - Last run start: 2026-09-15 21:21:04 - Last run end: 2026-09-15 21:21:04 - Last seen error: None
Total number of subscribers: 236
Plugin installed at: 2023-02-14 09:25:12
Installed via WooCommerce onboarding wizard: false
Sending queue status: Status: Unknown - Started at: 2026-09-15 17:05:16 - Emails sent: 0 - Retry attempts: 0 - Last seen error: None
Data inconsistency status: Orphaned sending tasks: 0 - Orphaned sending task subscribers: 0 - Sending queue without newsletter: 0 - Orphaned subscriptions: 0 - Orphaned subscriber custom fields: 0 - Orphaned subscriber tags: 0 - Orphaned links: 0 - Orphaned newsletter posts: 0 - Sending queue without task: 0Thanks again for your help. Please let me know if there is anything else I should check or provide.
Best regards
Frank Michel-UeckerHi Lynn,
I checked the logs under MailPoet > Settings > Advanced > View Logs.
I filtered for errors from September 7 onward, and no error logs were found.
Under “Send all site’s emails with…” the selected option is:
“The current sending method – MailPoet Sending Service (recommended)”.
Thanks!
Hi Lynn,
I checked the heartbeat in more detail:
mailpoet/cron/daemon-triggerexists, is scheduled every 2 minutes, and I can see multiple successfully completed runs from today.I also tried deactivating and reactivating the MailPoet plugin as suggested. Unfortunately, this did not change the behaviour.
In addition, I converted all 40 MailPoet database tables from MyISAM to InnoDB and verified that all 40 now use InnoDB.
The issue is still exactly the same:
- new subscribers are created correctly as “Unconfirmed”
- no confirmation email is sent automatically
- manually clicking “Resend confirmation email” sends the confirmation email immediately and successfully
So the sending service works, the heartbeat is running correctly, the database tables are now all InnoDB, and reactivating the plugin did not recreate or fix the missing automatic DOI send.
Could you please advise what should be checked next? Is there another hook/action responsible specifically for creating the initial confirmation email when a subscriber is added?
Thank you
Hi Thu,
thank you for your reply.
I followed your suggestions and did some further testing.
First, I configured a server-side Linux cron at my hosting provider (Alfahosting). The cron is now running every minute.
MailPoet > Help > System Status shows:
- Cron status: running
- Recent start and end times
- Last seen error: none
However, the double opt-in problem is still present.
I then performed another test with a completely new email address using an old native MailPoet subscription form that has been working for years.
The result is still the same:
- the subscriber is added correctly
- the subscriber status is set to “Unconfirmed”
- no confirmation email is sent automatically
- manual “Resend confirmation email” still works
I then checked MailPoet > Help > System Status immediately after the test.
The Sending Queue shows:
- Status: Running
- Emails sent: 0
- Retry attempts: 0
- Errors: none
- Running tasks: 0
- Paused tasks: 0
- Cancelled tasks: 0
- Scheduled tasks: 0
There are also no entries under Scheduled, Running or Paused sending tasks.
This makes it look as if the confirmation email is not even being added to the sending queue when a new subscriber is created.
I also enabled logging for “Everything” and repeated the test. The only log categories available are “email-editor” and “premium”.
The “premium” log only shows:
key-validation.failed
HTTP 403
key_type: premium
premium not installedI previously had MailPoet Premium earlier this year, but cancelled it afterwards because I did not need the paid version anymore.
I also completely removed and recreated the MailPoet API connection in Thrive Themes. This made no difference.
The issue also still occurs with the old native MailPoet form, so the Thrive integration does not appear to be the cause.
One more detail that may be relevant:
I am sure that subscribers were still able to sign up successfully while I had MailPoet Premium. I cannot say exactly when the last successful new subscription happened after cancelling Premium.At this point it looks like MailPoet creates the subscriber correctly as “Unconfirmed”, but does not create the automatic confirmation-email sending task.
Manual resend still works immediately.
Could the previous Premium subscription / current key state somehow be related, or is there another internal confirmation-email trigger or database state that I should check?
Thank you very much.