Dougal Campbell
Forum Replies Created
-
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Manage Links: Ordered on Page?And if you have a reason to do each category seperately, you can also try wp_get_links() or wp_get_linksbyname() instead of get_links().
Those two functions also obey the defaults set up in the Link Manager admin controls.Forum: Requests and Feedback
In reply to: A Gallery vs PhotologIf you’re okay with a perl-based system, you could take a look at Blosxom. I see there are a few image plugins available. The imagegallery plugin looks like it could be promising. Though, I haven’t tried them, so I’m not sure if any of them will meet your needs.
Forum: Requests and Feedback
In reply to: user levels per categories?Currently, no.
There has been discussion amongst the developers about possibly adding a richer access control system in a future version, and it’s possible that per-category permissions could be implemented one day. But probably not for a while yet.Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: special cat everbody needs to postRather than trying to use a category for this, why not just make a regular post, and link to the comments page for it?
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: CVS folders?You can delete them.
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Beta 0.72 BugsOkay, found the bug, squished it, and gave it a burial at sea. Fix commited to CVS.
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Beta 0.72 BugsWill look into it ASAP. Are you seeing it with new posts, or just edited posts?
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Validating RSS, RDFWhat release are you using? 0.71? 0.72b1? CVS?
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: time_difference..no changeOkay, I’ve just committed a proper fix into CVS for the Conditional GET checking. The problem occurred when neither the “If-Modified-Since” nor the “If-None-Match” headers occurred. The logic says that you return a “304 Not Modified” return if *either* of those headers sent by the client matches what the server expects. But if *both* headers are sent by the client, then *both* must match. I tried to short circuit the logic, but I failed to take into account what happens when neither header is sent by the client. My faulty logic was returning a 304 in that case, which was bad. Because if the client didn’t send those headers, it didn’t have the information in the first place. So, telling it that it hasn’t been modified didn’t do much good, did it?
Anyhow, all fixed up now πForum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: time_difference..no changeOkay, I think I’ve tracked down the rss problem to a logic error in the Conditional GET support. But I’m about to leave my computer. If I don’t fix it tonight, I’ll get it done first thing in the morning. In the meantime, you can fix it by looking for this:
<b>if (($slast?($slast == $clast)…)){</b>
And changing it to this:
<b>if (false && ($slast?($slast == $clast)…))</b>
That will disable Conditional GETs.Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: time_difference..no changeGurk. Looking into it….
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: time_difference..no changecodergurl: Just to make sure we’re on the same page… Changing the time_difference setting in the options screen won’t affect the time for postings already in your blog. Only for postings you make after you change the setting.
Is that the problem?Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Validating RSS, RDFLooks like there’s a blank line at the beginning that needs to go.
Check your b2rdf.php file and make sure that there aren’t any blank lines before where it prints out the <?xml…> line.Forum: Requests and Feedback
In reply to: Automatic e-mail update notificationAlso see this other thread.
I’d also like to have a facility for IM notifications. I have my current blog set up to send me a jabber message whenever a new comment is posted, with a link to the post. I’m hoping that eventually we can come up with a generic framework for notifications for new posts and comments that will allow us to plug-in new notifiers easily.Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: time_difference..no changeTry taking out the ‘+’ sign. You just want the bare number (though, you <b>would</b> use a minus sign if you wanted to times to be earlier).