demain10
Forum Replies Created
-
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: New pages 404 errorWell I finally figured out how to edit my .htaccess file. Thanks to everyone for the help.
Thanks to tumbleweed65 for the suggestion of where to find that.Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: New pages 404 errorI’m not sure. From what I’ve read I thought that was supposed to be in the .htaccess file.
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: New pages 404 errorI changed the settings to default and all the pages work.
So, now, I guess the question is why WordPress doesn’t seem to generate a .htaccess file when I change the settings. Or Where/how do I need to create a .htaccess file with the given copy/paste code so that I can create pretty permalinks.
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: New pages 404 errorI actually could not find a .htaccess file anywhere in the directory. I looked through all the folders (I did go into the settings panel and tell it to show hidden files that begin with .). So i created one in TextWrangler and added it to the root directory. It didn’t do anything.
But this is all I pasted into that file:
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ – [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
</IfModule>