crazyregcomics
Forum Replies Created
-
All good regarding the delay. Just tried to upload the ZIP and I got this error message:
The uploaded file exceeds the upload_max_filesize directive in php.ini.
Never seen that before…
Hi guys. I’m looking around line 45 of calendar-full.php, but not really sure what I’m meant to be seeing or changing, so I’ll leave it alone for now! π
Thanks! I’ve put the calendar back to NOT showing the “more gigs…” link. Would you like it switched back so Marcus can see the error?
It is done. π Here’s the link again: http://painkillerbookings.com/pk/gig-guide/
And a bit of info… Feb 7th has 2 events and Feb 8th has 5 events.
That’s perfect, thanks! π
Hi again, sorry for not getting back to this sooner.
Angelo_nwl, it is already set to Yes.
Caimin_nwl, I’m going to enter 3 for the number of events on each calendar day. Currently it is blank so all events will show. I will revert it back after 24 hours. Is enabling this tomorrow (Feb 4th) at 7pm, UTC+10:00 time, enough time for you to have a look?
Totally understand. I will talk to the website owner about maybe putting the Gig Guide offline for a day.
In the meantime, I’d like to give WP FullCalendar another shot, but should it simply work automatically, cos it didn’t for me…
Hmmmm I can, except it means I have to screw up the site. Basically, when I set the calendar to show only 1 event per day, the “more gigs…” link appears, and clicking that or the date SHOULD take you to a list of THAT DATE’S events. Instead it takes you to the first event on that date. All other events are inaccessible.
So I have turned this off because people go to this site frequently and they are not going to be able to access these events.
If you can tell me when you are likely able to do this I can turn it on for say an hour or so, but I really don’t want to leave it this way for a full day.
sorry, I know it must sound like I’m being fussy, but I just worry that the functionality of the site is somewhat at risk. If you get me…
Ok, just installed and tried WP FullCalendar and it doesn’t appear to be working. I’m using the following shortcode for it, but nothing shows up:
[fullcalendar]
But honestly, I don’t know what I’m meant to see or if WP FullCalendar is meant to be able to use and display the events I have created with EM. I’m surely missing something basic… Any suggestions?
Either way, I’ve just enabled the dev version of EM, and have updated to dev vers 5.5.2.1.
It hasn’t helped. I went into Events > Settings > Formatting, then into Calendar. Under “Calendar events/day limit” I changed the empty field to 1, saved changes, previewed website, and it the calendar displays correctly, but when I click on the “more gigs…” link or the date that I know has more than 1 event, I am taken to the first event of that day. Therefore there is no way to see the other events on that day. π
Oh, I don’t actually have the WP FullCalendar! I didn’t know of it’s existence. I’m using the full calendar built in with EM…
This is the shortcode I’m using:
[events_calendar full=1 long_events=1]
Maybe the long_events bit is conflicting?
EM version is 5.5.2, and I just updated WP to 3.8.1.
The full calendar can be seen here: http://painkillerbookings.com/pk/gig-guide/ Sorry, is that what you wanted to see?
Awesome, I think it is working 100% now! I’ve named my drop down list / menu “Recipient” to I put [Recipient] in the To field in the Mail section.
Thank you so much!
Currently I’ve left it blank, but this gives a fail message when I test it.
Previously I had webmaster@… but this was overriding the emails a user can choose from in the drop down last with the pipes (ceo@…, president@…, etc). So if I leave webmaster@… in the To field, when I test it, even if I select ceo@… and submit it the email gets sent to webmaster@…
Ok, I’ve discovered it is NOT working as it should. I got a test email, but only because mail was delivered to the email address I had in the Mail section, in the To text field. I have since removed this because obviously I want site visitors to pick who they want to email. But now it won’t work. Why does this To field (in the Mail section) override this feature?
OMG. So typical. Just got it working. π
Boy do I feel like a douchebag. π