Forum Replies Created

Viewing 8 replies - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Thread Starter cbconsult

    (@carolinbenjamin)

    John
    I want to be helpful in figuring this out — I really do — but I have ZERO idea how to do what you are asking me to do — “adding a few more lines of code above and below ” — ZERO idea

    I am not a coder or programmer —
    Sorry I can’t help on this part — I need another suggestion

    thanks much

    Carolin

    Thread Starter cbconsult

    (@carolinbenjamin)

    but I did just notice that you wrote the code should be

    bcn_display_list()

    and it would seem on the code I copied above from my sites that one of the “(” is showing as “)” in my code — as my code shows “))” instead of “()”….

    was what you wrote in your message a typo or do I have something weird in the code on my sites??

    Thanks much

    Carolin

    Thread Starter cbconsult

    (@carolinbenjamin)

    John ..
    I had someone who is more technically smart about code issues than me to check what you asked and he says the code on the problem sites is —
    ……………….

    if(function_exists(‘bcn_display’))
    {
    echo ‘<div class=”‘ . $class . ‘”>’;
    bcn_display();
    echo ‘</div>’;
    }

    ………………….

    based on what you wrote above, it would seem that the breadcrumb plug-in IS being used – right??? … except we have the problems —

    what do you suggest next??

    Thread Starter cbconsult

    (@carolinbenjamin)

    John .. just in comparison for you review if it helps–

    this is a site still in sandbox mode- but you can see at
    http://acualt.thelemonadestand.com/
    — all the breadcrumb links show up perfectly

    examples —
    ID 703 , 695, 706, 702 and several others all show up properly under ID 732

    this site is constructed the same way as the ones with the problem of pages not linking properly– same theme, skin and version of WP

    — another site where the same theme, skin and version of WP as above and same as the sites with the problem breadcrumbs — all links up fine on the breadcrumb trail–
    creativezone.com

    example — ID 1930 properly links to 1720 which links to 1607

    hope this helps to evaluate — to my knowledge I have done nothing different with the content on the sites that work and the sites that do not work

    Thanks in advance

    Carolin

    Thread Starter cbconsult

    (@carolinbenjamin)

    John .. here are some more examples of the same problem on the 2nd website – goldcanyon.net

    page ID 2133 is connected to ID 2369 on the breadcrumb trail but it should connecting to ID 2100

    page ID 3710, 3745, 3704, 3699, 3758, and several more IDs should be connecting to ID 3692 in the breadcrumb trail but they all miss that connection and connect to page ID 2 which is the “home” page

    on both the benjamin.com and goldcanyon.net websites all the pages that are “grandchildren” pages are linked to the “grandparent” and not the “parent” in the breadcrumb trail

    Advise please

    Thanks much

    Carolin

    Thread Starter cbconsult

    (@carolinbenjamin)

    And PS — I never modified the plugin in any way at all.

    Thread Starter cbconsult

    (@carolinbenjamin)

    John … What do I need to do, or provide to you, at this point ? I am not clear on what you need me to do next to resolve this?

    The other mysterious thing about all of this is that I have 4 sites all using the Breadcrumb NavXT plug-in and they all have the same version of WP, the same theme and same skin and 2 of the sites have the breadcrumb trail working perfectly and the other 2 have these goofie issues — the sites with the goofie issues are the benjamin.com with the examples above and goldcanyon.net, which has similar issues to the ones described above.
    There is nothing that seems obvious to make sense why 2 of the sites work perfectly and the other 2 have issues.

    Please advise what you would like for me to try next.

    Again thanks much for looking into this for me.

    Carolin

    Thread Starter cbconsult

    (@carolinbenjamin)

    Thanks John…
    I can fully appreciate you not supporting older versions. And I would look forward to upgrading to the latest 4.4 if I can figure out and correct the problems.

    It sounds like 4.4 will work ok in terms of the “home title issue” with your explanation above.

    Re the child page problem — here is what you have asked for –
    examples of missing pages in the breadcrumb chain –

    site – benjamin.com

    –page ID 1404 is a child of 1749 – but the breadcrumb shows with 1749 missing in the chain and instead shows 1404 as a child of 1164 which is the grandparent

    –page ID 1767 is a child of 1566 – but the breadcrumb shows with 1566 missing in the chain and instead shows 1767 as a child of 1562 which is the grandparent

    these examples represent the consistent problem issue with benjamin.com and goldcanyon.net – I can provide more examples that are on both of these sites if you need, but all the examples will be similar to the 2 noted above on benjamin.com

    thank you for reviewing the issue and for your time on this plugin – I appreciate it.

    Carolin

Viewing 8 replies - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)