Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Thread Starter antoniomassa

    (@antoniomassa)

    Hi Adam,

    good news — the issue has been resolved.

    The cause was the Site Kit setting that excluded all logged-in users from Analytics tracking.

    During the WooCommerce checkout flow, the customer was being treated as logged in on the order-received page. Because of that, Site Kit was adding:

    window["ga-disable-G-W842EZ2B1Z"] = true;

    on the order-received page, which prevented the GA4 purchase event from being recorded even though the purchase event itself was correctly present in the dataLayer.

    We confirmed that:

    • purchase was present in the dataLayer
    • gtagEvent was available
    • eventsToTrack contained add_to_cart and purchase
    • hasPurchase was true
    • the Google tag and Google Ads tag were loaded
    • the WooCommerce Site Kit event provider script was present
    • the custom PDA GA4 Purchase Fix MU plugin was disabled

    We also used a temporary diagnostic filter and confirmed that googlesitekit_analytics_tracking_disabled was already receiving true as its input value, with no external callbacks modifying it.

    After disabling the Site Kit option that excluded all logged-in users from Analytics tracking, the ga-disable-G-W842EZ2B1Z snippet disappeared from the order-received page.

    I then placed a new test order and the purchase event appeared correctly in the GA4 Realtime report.

    So the issue is now resolved.

    Thank you very much for your help and for guiding me through the troubleshooting process.

    Thread Starter antoniomassa

    (@antoniomassa)

    Hi Adam,

    I checked the homepage source in an incognito window while logged out of WordPress.

    ga-disable-G-W842EZ2B1Z does not appear on the homepage.

    However, on the order-received page, still in incognito and logged out, the only occurrence of G-W842EZ2B1Z is:

    window["ga-disable-G-W842EZ2B1Z"] = true;

    So this behavior appears to be specific to the checkout/order-received page rather than the whole site.

    The PDA GA4 Purchase Fix MU plugin is currently disabled.

    You can review the screenshots here:
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1k_juFc5ORLWCTnGrXSL-K0-Yiv3pT9Xx?usp=sharing

    Please let me know what you would like me to test next.

    Thread Starter antoniomassa

    (@antoniomassa)

    Hi,

    I completed the additional checks you requested.

    On the order-received page, I ran:

    Object.keys( window.google_tag_manager || {} )

    The output contains, among others:

    GT-NSKG5NZV
    AW-18428267882
    dataLayer
    ads_pageview
    dedupe_gclid

    So both the GA4/Google tag and the Google Ads tag appear to be loaded.

    In DevTools > Network, filtering for collect, I can see multiple requests, including requests associated with AW-18428267882.

    When filtering for:

    measurement.php

    no requests are shown.

    Google Tag Gateway is currently disabled on this site, which may explain why there are no measurement.php requests through the site domain.

    I also checked the MU plugins. PDA GA4 Purchase Fix is still active and is located in /wp-content/mu-plugins, so it is being executed automatically.

    I have screenshots showing:

    • the google_tag_manager output
    • the collect requests
    • the empty measurement.php filter
    • the active PDA GA4 Purchase Fix MU plugin

    Please let me know whether you would like me to temporarily disable PDA GA4 Purchase Fix and repeat the purchase test, or whether you would prefer another test first.

    Thread Starter antoniomassa

    (@antoniomassa)

    Hi Adam

    news for my problem?

    Thread Starter antoniomassa

    (@antoniomassa)

    Hi,

    I completed the additional tests you requested.

    First, on the order-received page I ran:

    JSON.stringify({jquery: typeof window.jQuery, gtagEvent: typeof window._googlesitekit?.gtagEvent, events: window._googlesitekit?.wcdata?.eventsToTrack, hasPurchase: !!window._googlesitekit?.wcdata?.purchase, purchases: window.dataLayer.filter(e => e[1]==='purchase').map(e => e[2]?.event_source ?? e[2]?.send_to)})

    The output was:

    {"jquery":"function","gtagEvent":"function","events":["add_to_cart","purchase"],"hasPurchase":true,"purchases":["AW-18428267882/3u0LCPbctO4cEOqapNNE","G-W842EZ2B1Z","site-kit"]}

    I also checked the page source and found the WooCommerce Site Kit event provider scripts. The source includes:

    googlesitekit-events-provider-woocommerce-js-before

    and

    googlesitekit-events-provider-woocommerce-js

    The surrounding source also shows:

    window._googlesitekit.wcdata.eventsToTrack = ["add_to_cart","purchase"];

    I have added the new screenshot to the same Google Drive folder:

    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1k_juFc5ORLWCTnGrXSL-K0-Yiv3pT9Xx?usp=sharing

    Please let me know what you would like me to test next.
    Thread Starter antoniomassa

    (@antoniomassa)

    Hi Adam,.

    I completed the tests you requested.

    1. On the order-received page, I did not see any red JavaScript errors in the console. I only saw this warning:
      EndCheckoutTracker: Missing required configuration
    2. I ran:
      window.dataLayer.filter( e => e[1] === 'purchase' )

    The result returned 3 purchase events. The purchase data contains the expected values, including:

    • currency: EUR
    • transaction_id
    • value
    • shipping
    • tax
    • items
    • send_to: AW-18428267882/3w0LCPbct04cEOqapNNE
    1. I also verified that Google Tag Gateway is currently disabled in Site Kit and repeated another test purchase. The result was essentially the same: the purchase event is still present in the dataLayer and again appears 3 times.

    You can review all screenshots here:
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1k_juFc5ORLWCTnGrXSL-K0-Yiv3pT9Xx?usp=sharing

    It therefore appears that WooCommerce/Site Kit is generating the purchase event correctly, but the conversion is still not being detected as expected.

    Could you please advise what you would like me to test next?

    Thread Starter antoniomassa

    (@antoniomassa)

    Hi Adam,

    I completed the additional test with CookieYes completely disabled.

    I then placed a new WooCommerce test order and checked GA4 / Tag Assistant again.

    Unfortunately, the result is the same: the purchase event is still not being sent to Google Analytics.

    So far I have now tested with:

    • Google for WooCommerce disabled
    • CookieYes disabled
    • Site Kit as the only GA4 provider
    • Incognito/private browsing
    • a clean test order

    page_view and add_to_cart continue to work, but purchase still does not reach GA4.

    This appears to rule out both Google for WooCommerce and CookieYes as the cause.

    Please let me know what you would like me to test next.

    Thank you,
    Antonio Massa

    Thread Starter antoniomassa

    (@antoniomassa)

    Hi Adam,

    Here is a short summary of the troubleshooting already completed:

    • GA4 property: www.pastadaragona.it
    • Measurement ID: G-W842EZ2B1Z
    • Google tag: GT-NSKG5NZV
    • Site Kit Analytics snippet is active and page views are tracked
    • add_to_cart is tracked correctly
    • WooCommerce purchase data is present in window._googlesitekit.wcdata.purchase
    • eventsToTrack contains both add_to_cart and purchase
    • window._googlesitekit.gtagEvent exists
    • The Google tag loads correctly on the order-received page
    • The purchase event has been visible in Tag Assistant, but no GA4 hit was sent from the GA4 tag
    • Browser extensions were excluded by testing in Incognito/private mode
    • Plugin conflict test was performed
    • Google for WooCommerce was completely disabled for a new test
    • With Google for WooCommerce disabled, the Google Ads tag disappeared as expected, leaving only Site Kit/GA4
    • A new WooCommerce test order was completed, but purchase was still not sent to GA4
    • CookieYes Google Consent Mode is now configured correctly and its diagnostic reports No errors detected
    • Site Kit Consent Mode is disabled, so CookieYes is the only component managing GCM
    • Temporary custom GA4 purchase fix is disabled

    At this point, the issue still occurs with Site Kit as the only GA4 provider.

    Please let me know what diagnostic step you would like me to perform next.

    Thank you,
    Antonio Massa

    Thread Starter antoniomassa

    (@antoniomassa)

    Thread Starter antoniomassa

    (@antoniomassa)

    Hi Adam,

    Yes, I can confirm that the issue still persists.

    I temporarily disabled the Google for WooCommerce plugin completely and repeated the test with Site Kit as the only Google/GA4 provider.

    As expected, the Google Ads tag AW-18428267882 disappeared from Tag Assistant, leaving only the Site Kit / GA4 tag GT-NSKG5NZV.

    I then completed a new test order, but the purchase event was still not sent to Google Analytics.

    So disabling Google for WooCommerce did not resolve the issue.

    This suggests that Google for WooCommerce is not the cause of the missing GA4 purchase event.

    Please let me know what you would like me to test next.

    Thank you,
    Antonio Massa

    Thread Starter antoniomassa

    (@antoniomassa)

    ok i did

    Thread Starter antoniomassa

    (@antoniomassa)

    Hi Adam,

    I checked Google for WooCommerce → Settings → General, but there is no GA4 tracking option available to disable in my installation.

    The only conversion-related option shown there is “Send Enhanced Conversions data to Google Ads”, which is currently disabled.

    Google for WooCommerce is connected to Google Ads and Merchant Center, but I cannot find any setting that enables/disables GA4 tracking.

    I have attached a screenshot of the Google for WooCommerce settings page.

    Could you please confirm exactly where the GA4 tracking option should be located, or whether this test should instead be performed by temporarily disabling Google for WooCommerce entirely?

    Thank you,
    Antonio Massa

    • This reply was modified 2 weeks, 1 day ago by antoniomassa.
    Thread Starter antoniomassa

    (@antoniomassa)

    Hi Adam,
    I found one additional detail during the incognito Tag Assistant test.

    The Google Ads tag AW-18428267882 does send a purchase conversion. Under “Hits sent”, Tag Assistant shows:
    [82b1] Google for WooCommerce purchase action

    However, for the GA4 tag GT-NSKG5NZV / G-W842EZ2B1Z, the same purchase event shows “No hits were sent by this tag.”

    So it appears that Google for WooCommerce is successfully sending the purchase to Google Ads, while Site Kit is not sending the corresponding purchase event to GA4.

    I’m attaching screenshots of both behaviors.

    Thread Starter antoniomassa

    (@antoniomassa)

    Hi Adam,

    I repeated the test in a private/incognito browser window as requested, with the temporary PDA GA4 Purchase Fix MU plugin disabled.

    I completed a new WooCommerce test order while connected to Google Tag Assistant.

    Tag Assistant detects the purchase event on the order-received page. In fact, several purchase entries are visible in the event timeline.

    However, when I select the purchase event for the GA4 Google Tag (GT-NSKG5NZV, destination G-W842EZ2B1Z), Tag Assistant reports:

    “No hits were sent by this tag.”

    The purchase event is therefore being generated, but it does not appear to be sent to GA4. add_to_cart continues to work correctly.

    I have attached a screenshot from Tag Assistant showing this behavior.

    Could you please advise what I should check next?

    Thank you,
    Antonio Massa

    Thread Starter antoniomassa

    (@antoniomassa)

    Hello,

    I completed the conflict test.

    I temporarily disabled all non-essential plugins, leaving active only WooCommerce, Site Kit, and the minimum required to complete a test order.

    The MU plugin PDA GA4 Purchase Fix is disabled.

    I then completed a new test order and checked GA4 Realtime.

    Result:

    • page_view is tracked
    • add_to_cart is tracked
    • purchase is still not being sent

    So the issue persists even after the conflict test.

    I had also already verified that:

    • window._googlesitekit.wcdata.eventsToTrack contains purchase
    • window._googlesitekit.wcdata.purchase contains the correct order ID, total, currency, shipping, tax, and items
    • window._googlesitekit.gtagEvent exists
    • the Google Tag loads correctly on the order-received page

    However, the purchase event still does not appear in GA4 Realtime.

    Could you please advise on the next troubleshooting step?

    Thank you,
    Antonio Massa

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)