ajc458
Forum Replies Created
-
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [The Events Calendar] Calendar links do nothing on mobileI forgot to say my fix was changing the line to the following:
jQuery('table').not('.tribe-events-calendar').wrap('<div class="table-responsive" />');Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [The Events Calendar] Calendar links do nothing on mobileI have an update for this situation. I narrowed it down to being an issue with the theme we’re using – Hermes. More specifically, one simple line of jQuery in the main theme javascript file (hermes.js).
jQuery('table').wrap('<div class="table-responsive" />');Even stranger, the problem only occurred when the initial page load was mobile width.
A lot of moving parts here, but I figured maybe it had to do with the selectors you guys are using in your own javascript.
Anyways, just thought I’d let you all know. I love the plugin! Keep up the good work.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [The Events Calendar] Calendar links do nothing on mobileOk thank you very much! I’ll see what I can do on my end in the meantime.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [The Events Calendar] Calendar links do nothing on mobileThe issue still persists. I’m wondering if maybe the scripts are loading out of order. I’ve had parts of the form from the Community Events add-on stop working because of that.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [The Events Calendar] Calendar links do nothing on mobileNo I don’t. When using the inspector and testing the mobile layout on my desktop, it works fine. I tested on my iphone as well – using safari and a lightning cable so I could see the actual mobile console where it wasn’t working, and still there were no errors.
I will have to do more testing I think.. I was able to get it to work a couple times, but it seemed intermittent, and I couldn’t find the actual cause of the issue. I’m sure there is a conflict somewhere I just have yet to find it.
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Upgrade to 3.8 breaking is_main_query() functionAwesome, glad I could help. I didn’t think to submit it as a bug report.
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Problem with displaying custom post types after upgrade to 3.8I would just do something like this in the mean time:
$categories = array( 'category-slug', 'category-slug-2', 'category-slug-3', 'category-slug-4', 'category-slug-5' ); if ($query->is_main_query() && in_array($query->query['category_name'], $categories)) { // modify query here }Same thing, but a little more verbose.
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Upgrade to 3.8 breaking is_main_query() functionI’ve narrowed it down to the is_category() function i’m calling before is_main_query(). It seems to make is_main_query() return no value.
if(is_category(14)) { if($query->is_main_query()) { $query->query_vars['post__in'] = $pageposts_arr; $query->query_vars['orderby'] = 'post__in'; } }Edit: It seems that the reverse is broken as well. Whichever function call is first works fine.
Edit: I found a temporary solution. Change the
is_category()
to
$query->query[‘category_name’] == ‘the-category-slug’
Replacing “the-category-slug” with the actual slug.
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Problem with displaying custom post types after upgrade to 3.8I’m having the exact same issue, I believe the is_category() function call is causing is_main_query() to return nothing, and vice versa in 3.8. Here’s my post.
Edit: I found a temporary solution. Change the
is_category()to
$query->query['category_name'] == 'the-category-slug'Replacing “the-category-slug” with the actual slug.