I have done this ad nausium! Code maybe poetry but with wp5 it is also a nightmare. I do not want to give up the Kippis theme but time is running out to make a decision. I am a Dance Instructor not a programmer.
define('CONCATENATE_SCRIPTS', false );to the bottom of your wp-config.php file (just before the require_once line).
Have you tried:
– deactivating all plugins to see if this resolves the problem. If this works, re-activate the plugins one by one until you find the problematic plugin(s).
– switching to the Twenty Twelve theme to rule out any theme-specific problems.
– resetting the plugins folder by FTP or PhpMyAdmin. Sometimes, an apparently inactive plugin can still cause problems.
– re-uploading all files & folders – except the wp-content folder – from a fresh download of WordPress. Make sure that you delete the old copies of files & folder before uploading the new ones.
I appreciate all of the tech input, believe me I do … however, again I don’t do code. I have no idea of how to edit wp-config.php file or even where to find it. If I switch to another theme, how do I know that it will not have wp5 bugs?
The default Twenty Twelve themes was designed to work with WordPress 3.5.
News Flash! You say that being unable to edit is a Theme problem … well the same situation exists with Twenty Twelve … the page edit box is still blank. My website still reflects the last change. Also, while in the edit page if I click view page I get my last edit. Additional infor the text tab does not work either.
News flash, vanilla Twenty Twelve works flawlessly with vanilla 3.5. That means some other software that wasn’t written by the WordPress team that you installed is conflicting. Try following the trouble shooting that other posters have provided for you, specifically deactivating all plugins and then reactivating them one by one. Most likely the plugin that is causing the conflict will have released an update.
I have tried Twenty Twelve with the same results … no page edit.
I have tried all TS suggestions except writing code (I already have enough problems.)
I have also tried differenct browsers with the same results.
If I go to the website all is as per last edit.
if I click view page all is as per last edit.
on the page edit I cannot select the text tab
I have reinstalled WP 3.5 with the same results
From now on I will wait several weeks before doing any updating.
You need to try adding the line that tomontoast suggested above. If you cannot manage this yourself, perhaps you need to consider hiring someone to carry out the work for you.
Well, I finally summoned up the courage to edit the wp-config file as tomontoast suggested. I would not have done so without a green light from esmi. Thanks to the both of you the problem is resolved and I can once again use the page edit function.
- The topic ‘wp5 ugrade’ is closed to new replies.