Support » Plugin: Yoast SEO » Syntax error when updating WordPress SEO plugin today

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Same for me as well. I have it disabled.

    The bug in :
    See error log

    The cause seems to be an old version of php (< 5.3), which is essentially deprecated.
    You should verify with your hosting provider to update to supported version of php.

    If, like me, you use HostGator, here’s how to change to a supported version:

    Host running 5.3.24, What is needed for this plugin???

    Hey Alain i did like you said and it’s working, i’m just curious if it’s good to add value in .htaccess file like this:

    # BEGIN WordPress
    <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteRule ^index\.php$ – [L]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteRule . /index.php [L]

    # Use PHP 5.3
    AddType application/x-httpd-php53 .php

    # END WordPress

    Or should i add it outside this code?

    # BEGIN WordPress
    # END WordPress

    ABove # BEGIN WordPress there is a huge code from yoast seo plugin.

    same problem here!

    No problem using .htaccess this way

    Just make sure the following is in your .htaccess file – it should be at the top, just after – RewriteEngine On

    # Protect the htaccess file
    <Files .htaccess>
    Order Allow,Deny
    Deny from all

    This should be in every .htaccess file!

    And chmod – or use CPanel/Hosting file manager to set the file permissions to 644 or stronger…

    It appears the update to WordPress SEO resolves the Syntax error now, with or without switching to Php 5.3

    I just did a new install of the Yoast plugin and had the same results with

    Fatal error: Call to undefined method WP_Query::is_main_query() in …wp-content/plugins/wordpress-seo/frontend/class-frontend.php on line 474.

    I’ve used it with no problem on other sites. What’s the solution?

    Update! I installed v 1.4.10 today, and apparently needed to upgrade WordPress to 3.5.1, which I did and now I am not getting the fatal error any more. The upgrade went fine and I reactivated the Yoast plugin and that went fine – BUT none of the plugin fields show up in the dashboard. I have the Yoast menu in the left column and I see the settings, but in the pages and posts themselves there are no fields under where it says “WordPress SEO by Yoast.” There is just that title with a down arrow to the right of it, but no expanding box or fields or anything.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Syntax error when updating WordPress SEO plugin today’ is closed to new replies.