I want to show HTML source code that contains code tags. As always, I enclose the source code in code tags, which results in nested code tags. This does not display correctly in the frontend because the inner closing code tag is not escaped.
Example via screenshots to prevent character escaping by the forum:
- Page source in the (classic) editor: https://i.imgur.com/eHE1rrv.png
- Resulting frontend view (closing code tag not displayed): https://i.imgur.com/jCx6cUQ.png
- Page source of the frontend page (inner closing code tag not escaped): https://i.imgur.com/sEA59kZ.png
- Prismatic 2.5
- Prism.js library
- Code escaping in frontend and admin area
- WordPress classic editor
- The topic ‘Sourcecode with code tags (i.e., nested code tags)’ is closed to new replies.