I’m using Academica Education WordPress Theme – WPZOOM
I’m trying to display my top menu into something like this
HOME | ABOUT | RESEARCH | FUNDING | CONTACT
————————– POST 1R—— POST 1F
————————– POST 2R—— POST 2F
————————– POST 3R—— POST 3F
Im using wp_nav_menu. So what I want is when I hover at RESEARCH, lists of post from category RESEARCH will appear. Same goes to FUNDING.
By the way,
ABOUT – PAGE
RESEARCH – CATEGORY
FUNDING – CATEGORY
CONTACT – PAGE
Please help. Thanks.
What happens when you have say 50 posts in that category? This can make for a messy and hard to use menu…what WP does by is allow the use of a custom menu where one can at least get to the topic etc…you can also use the category and recent posts widgets..
ah thanks. By the way, the posts for research category are only 9 and for funding category are only 2. So, I don’t think it would be messy. I never knew what custom links function before. Now I’m using the custom links to add the post under research and funding category. thank you so much seacoast 🙂
- Go to appearance – menus
- create a menu if you don’t have one yet.
- Add the pages or categories which you want on the top level to your menu.
- For each post add the link to that post to your menu with the custom links option, click the add to menu button.
- you can drag and drop the menu items into the order and hierarchy which you desire.
- save menu
- ensure that the menu has been allocated to a theme location, top left of this screen.
- The topic ‘Show posts under wp_nav_menu’ is closed to new replies.