Support » Plugin: Polylang » Second language menus don't work any more

  • Hey there,

    today I upgraded to the new version of Polylang – a mistake, it would seem, because I noticed the top menu of the German version of my site didn’t work any more. I tried to re-activate it in the menu settings, but without success.
    I tried switching on and off the header menu in German, too, and now I can’t get in on anymore, either. So, no menus in German.

    I already tried de-activating any plugins that might interfere, but that doesn’t seem to be the issue. So it must have something to do with Polylang, directly. I reaaly need it fixed… is there something you can do?

    Here’s my page, in case it’s of any use: http://www.artilstudio.com

    Thanks a lot in advance!
    Artil

    http://wordpress.org/plugins/polylang/

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Plugin Author Chouby

    (@chouby)

    what do you see in Appearance->menus->manage locations tab?

    Both the German Top and Header menus are deactivated there, too. I just tried assinging the correct menus grom there, but after saving it just returns to the way it was (=no menus assigned in German).

    Plugin Author Chouby

    (@chouby)

    Strange. I have the Responsive theme on my test site and it just works. Could you switch temporarily to another theme such as twenty twelve an test if it works?

    I just switched back to the original Responsive Theme (instead of my Child Theme), and it worked fine there! But that’s SO weird, because until this morning it worked just fine with my Child Theme (and I’ve been using it for over a week), too, and I didn’t change anything there, at all…

    Plugin Author Chouby

    (@chouby)

    You child theme is probably not in cause. Something probably went wrong during the upgrade. Does it work now if you switch back to your child theme and try to set menus to locations?

    Nope, didn’t work after switching back to my child theme either.

    Anyway, I just re-uploaded the backup I had made this morning before upgrading, and now it works perfectly again. I guess I might try upgrading the plugin again and see if it works, and if not, I’ll just stick to the older version.

    Plugin Author Chouby

    (@chouby)

    Your problem was most probably due to a conflict with a plugin during the upgrade process. If you did not switch to Polylang 1.2.x yet then you can try now with Polylang v1.2.3 which is less exposed to such conflicts (at least it runs smoothly with plugins that I am aware they broke previous versions). Still don’t forget to make a backup before.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Second language menus don't work any more’ is closed to new replies.