Support » Plugin: TablePress » Save failed

  • Resolved lasislas

    (@lasislas)


    After pressing the “save changes” button the page loads for a while and it appears the following message:

    Speichern fehlgeschlagen: AJAX call failed: parsererror – SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character. Try again while holding down the “Shift” key.

    Even holding down the “Shift” key does not work 🙁

    My table has 826 rows and 3 columns. In one of the three columns every row is filled with a html-code like <a href="http://www.mydomain.de">....</a>

    P.S.: Sorry for my bad english I’m German

    http://wordpress.org/plugins/tablepress/

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • After I deactivated a lot of plugins it worked. I don’t know exactly which plugin was the offender.

    If you’ve got tips or hints I would appreciate it. Rated and donated to your plugin we have already 🙂

    Plugin Author TobiasBg

    (@tobiasbg)

    Hi,

    thanks for your question, and sorry for the trouble.

    Good to hear that your further investigations already helped here! This means that one of the plugins that you deactivated interferes with the table saving mechanism in TablePress.
    To find out what exactly caused this, we’d need to find out which plugin caused that interference. So, unless you don’t need all of those other plugins again, please try re-activating them one by one, and check if the saving error appears again, after each one.
    With that method, we should be able to find the plugin that caused this.

    Regards,
    Tobias

    One plugin I was able to identify meanwhile: WP-Filebase

    Another question:

    Whitch of these extensions i need to use the following code under “Eigene Befehle:”

    "aoColumnDefs": [ { "bSearchable": false, "aTargets": [ 2 ] } ]

    • Change DataTables strings
    • DataTables Column Filter
    • Row Filtering
    • Shortcode Filter from GET parameter
    Plugin Author TobiasBg

    (@tobiasbg)

    Hi,

    great find! Yes, I can confirm that WP-Filebase causes this, as I have found some very bad code in one of its files. That will break the AJAX request and modify ALL variables that are transmitted (instead of just the ones that the plugin uses itself). This unfortunately can break many plugins.
    You will therefore have to deactivate this plugin whenever working with TablePress.

    About that code in “Eigene Befehle”. For that specific one, you do not need any of the mentioned Extensions. This is built-in functionality.
    (It will turn off searchability for the third column in your table (counting starts with 0).)

    Regards,
    Tobias

    I’ve found two other Plugins, which could have cause the problem:

    • Adminimize
    • Admin Menu Editor
    Plugin Author TobiasBg

    (@tobiasbg)

    Hi,

    I don’t really think that those could have done this. It’s more likely that WP-Filebase was responsible for this, as that contained some code that is relevant to the issue.

    Regards,
    Tobias

    You are right. I just noticed that it makes a difference what change was made ​​to the table. If I delete something or adding the save usually works. However, when I re-sort a column it does not work in turn and the following message appears:

    Speichern fehlgeschlagen: AJAX call successful, but unclear data. Try again while holding down the “Shift” key.

    I just noticed: Even if the message “Speichern fehlgeschlagen” appears – the changes to the table in the WordPress backend are stored. When I leave the table or WordPress – the changes are not visible. If i call again on the table this is up to date.

    Now that I’ve deactivated the plugin Breadcrumb NavXT, the table could be successfully stored without error message. I’m really confused…

    Plugin Author TobiasBg

    (@tobiasbg)

    Hi,

    yes, that’s really confusing.
    Just to find out more: What version of WP are you using right now?

    Regards,
    Tobias

    WordPress 3.6.1.

    Meanwhile, I suspect that the problem has nothing to do with the plugin(s).

    After sorting a column, storing not seem to work.
    If I deactivate and active any plugins or more – it goes after a few attempts. I can detect no system in it. sometimes it works and sometimes not

    P.S.: Could it be the browser possibly?

    Plugin Author TobiasBg

    (@tobiasbg)

    Hi,

    ok, with WP 3.6.1 those issues should not happen like this…

    Really weird then… We should investigate this more once you have updated to WP 3.7 and TablePress 1.2, which will be released shortly.
    Maybe it’s just a temporary glitch.

    Regards,
    Tobias

    Okay, the Update to WP 3.7 is done.

    After upgrading Tablepress to 1.2 the following message appeared in the lower range:

    Warning: Missing argument 3 for wpseo_upgrader_process_complete() in /homepages/…/…/htdocs/…/wp-content/plugins/wordpress-seo/inc/wpseo-non-ajax-functions.php on line 259

    After that I made ​​to test a small change to the table and save is failed again

    I’ve deactivate WordPress Seo ​​to test but it has not changed 🙁

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • The topic ‘Save failed’ is closed to new replies.