Support » Plugin: Search & Replace » Powerful Effective Efficient

  • When I was installing it I read this: Warning: This plugin has not been tested with your current version of WordPress. I have the latest version of WordPress 5.4.2. According to the developer it was Compatible up to: 5.2.7. Nevertheless I activated it because the description of its capabilities seduced me. It worked like a breeze. I tested all functions except one “Replace a Domain / URL”. That too because it was not documented in detail. So I couldnt take a risk. But it has such remarkable features that I coul play it safe. Do mock Run. Get a preview. Take Backup before change. I have two websites both of which had domain changes. I took ginger steps, chose smaller data tables first. Made the changes. Tested the website. added bigger data sets. Made the changes. Tested it out. Then changed the entire site data, with search and replace. Also first I outputted the changed SQL file. And uploaded it. Next time I changed directly. Following this procedure, first site took me two days. In the second site I finished the whole job in one hour. And this was the free version. Need I say more.

  • The topic ‘Powerful Effective Efficient’ is closed to new replies.